( EXPLANATION )

THIS TOOK ME LIKE 10 MINS TO TYPE, SO THERE WILL BE A LOT OF PLOT HOLES JUST A HEADS UP

Throughout the book, (Y/N) is known as the "Apostle". The Apostle was basically born in Celestia — but she was "neglected" in a sense. Because being born up high in the hierarchy (a divine being, basically a deity), there are a lot of politics involved, bloodbath, enemies etc. So who would want to raise someone who could potentially be a threat to them? So she was tortured, day till night basically. Then Rex Lapis found her and made a contract, basically he'd free her, until she finds her happiness.

So then, she went to Teyvat and followed Zhongli's footsteps. And that's where she learnt her emotions, her own beliefs and all (basically living her life as a mortal even though she isn't). She treasured Rex Lapis as a master and friend. She meets many different people along the way such as Ganyu, Xiao, Guizhong etc. But she was already tired of living. Not that she didn't like it around them, but it was draining.

But in order to be free, she needed to be happy. And that's why she killed herself.

However, due to the curse that Celestia put her under;  she could not die. 

So, she just lied down after countless of tries to kill herself. That was when she first met Barbatos. Over time, the two held a very intimate relationship, a bond that basically couldn't be broken, basically lovers. However, at the same time, she still served under Rex Lapis, but it was just that she was more "free" and easygoing then, as Rex Lapis also wanted her to find her own happiness.

 Until the Archon War came.

As she was an adeptus, she had to follow Rex Lapis's orders, which was to protect Guizhong. However, Guizhong (unfortunately) submitted herself to the corruption. As stated in-game in one of the Archaic Petra set, Rex Lapis will not hesitate to "kill" someone whether they are enemies or foes. And the Apostle knew that Rex Lapis would hate himself (or at least, regret) if he were to command her to kill Guizhong, so the Apostle took action on her own, and killed Guizhong. Like she expected, when Rex Lapis witnessed the scene, he was devastated.

But why did she hate him so much even though her helped her?

It was probably just because. Imagine killing your best friend's/saviours lover, only for them to have the look of despair and anger washed across their face. No doubt the first thought in mind would be to flee, to run, because they despise you. Regardless of what they said in the past, actions speaks louder than words. So naturally, after killing Guizhong to avoid the corruption, the Apostle couldn't face Rex Lapis properly. With regret carved into the soul, she could imagine Rex Lapis hating her, but she wasn't wrong for killing Guizhong. She did the right thing, yet he was mad at her? Being young (like few hundred years old) and immature, she fled to Barbatos. Now, the Apostle wasn't weak, but she wasn't "op". She — like anybody else — makes blunders at one point in their life. She ran to Barbatos, but do keep in mind that war was still waging. She got struck but none other by Barbatos, only to land onto a pile of corpses (the battlefield itself is filled with dead bodies).

Barbatos — knowing the fact that he accidentally misfired and killed his beloved as her heart wasn't beating, her body was nothing more but flesh that was ready to decompose — had to flee. Which of course, some people might find disrespectful, but during war, there was no such privilege to bury and mourn over one's death (amongst the millions of lives). He was a God, and he had a duty to protect his land rather than grieving over the dead.

And thus, the Apostle was brought back by Celestia. Essentially "deities", higher and more superior than Archons. Although the Apostle was someone they had abandoned and did not have interest, she still held the rights of a deity. Her position itself, is higher than the Archons in Teyvat. But she was brought back with a catch: while carrying out her revenge, she must destroy Teyvat (for it was impure, tainted with mortals and humans). And once it was over, she will then return as of being dead.

Of course, everyone is afraid of death, but the Apostle was already dead. She was only living because of Celestia, but would die once she completed her revenge. Sure, she was tired of life, from all the chaos, but she didn't want to die either. So she decided that she wanted to live, forever, even though she wouldn't be around.

She would live through "stories". Regardless heinous tales or terrible acts of what she had done, she wouldn't mind. The more wicked, the more cruel, the more uproar she causes, the better. The more the future would talk about her and her acts. Her name, would never die.

So when the Apostle was brought back, she became affiliated with the Fatui, naturally with the Tsarista who wanted to build a new nation. But the only different idea was the the Apostle only wanted to destroy, not build.

And the story continues from there, stealing the Gnosis etc etc.

OK THERE WE GO ISTG MY BRAIN FORGOT EVERYTHING I WROTE THROUGHOUT THE BOOK SO THIS WONT BE 100% ACCURATE BUT YOU GET THE GIST OF IT 🗽 THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE AUTHOR'S NOTES (FROM DAY 1 UNTIL NOW) AND SOME FUN FACTS. IF YOU STILL DONT UNDERSTNAD JUST DM ON DISCORD OR IN THE COMMENTS ILL TRY TO REPLY BUT I HAVE LAZY FINEGRS