CHAPTER ELEVEN.

mortals were atrocious creatures that craved for divinity blessing. to make teyvat a better place, they decided to invade the land of the gods — naive, foolish — and faced the consequences of sinful wrath.

that being said, for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction. for every life taken, a new one is bound to be born.

oh, it sounded so tempting.

the apostle planted a mischievous smile on her face, lips sealed as she admired the loyal servant of rex lapis; a mere doll that was enslaved towards duties throughout her entire life, actively guiding mere mortals. an ideal epitome of perfect maiden that contributed towards the mandate of heaven — justifying rex lapis's resolute to rule.

ah, all good things comes to an end, don't they?

"ganyu," the apostle coiled out a beautiful tone, toned eyes surveying the half qilin hybrid.  "do you mind assisting me?"

"whatever is it?" the blue haired adepti breathed out, atmospheric frost slowly glazed across. a gentle breath, and another; soothing rhythms that seemingly complimented each other with syncopated beats of timid lines. "i will try my best... anything for you."

anything? even if it brought havoc and vex towards humanity? of course, the apostle didn't utter a word regarding the issue. rather, she continued coaxing the cloud strider that held a merciful mind.

"its been awhile since i've met xiao."

"ah... xiao" ganyu's lips let out silent whispers of gospels that angels worshiped. a nimble and humble tone that still held power within, holy hymns that . "i've... never kept in touch with alatus nemesis...."

adeptus were only loyal to their masters, not acquaintances. however, the piety apostle was an exception. perhaps the god complex blood that ran within her veins; worth of golden liquor and diamond champagne, blessed beauty of mercury prowess that allowed her to reign over the fools.

she was jester, she was a fluke, a fool and alas, a redeemer of not-so heavenly principles.

immortal, but slowly dying.

god, but defying the laws.

"ah! its fine~" the apostle waved her hand, fox-like cunning eyes slanted by the sides. useless, was her initial first thought. the adeptus couldn't even help her with a single task — what was the point of keeping the shy demi-god by her side? "i'll just search for rex lapis myself-"

"he-he's dead..."

oh? the piety apostle couldn't help but contain a grin. she could very well — still feel the geo archon's presence — though it was very subtle; she could still feel him.

if he had truly died, she would've been free from the shackles bounded by life.

"master is dead?" amusement flickered through the apostle's mind. death was a very interesting concept; death in name or death by soul. similar to the schrödinger's cat where fate is linked towards life and death at the same time. "then who do you serve?"

it was a facile influence; a mere joke — glory to the redeemer — the medium between the creator and sustainer. salvation of redemption for freedom.

in simple words, a life for a life.

"none."

under the starry vault of false tales where gods once ruled the world, the apostle wanted to watch the hierarchy that others spent so long fawning over; mere delusions from titles — archons, mortals — to be destroyed.

wrecked and hexed, a cursed fairytale they were living in.

"then, let me be your master." was she doing a good job? raising her marionettes; first a tyrant, and next, whatever should she be? a sculpture to be admired, a being to be fooled, a damsel in distress.

a sacrifice to be made.

life was like art. it brought many joys — painting and sculpting magnificent works of masterpieces — a beautifully crafted story that was made to be told. a story to be heard, a voice to listen to.

"let me show you the wonders in the world."

the apostle continued, further enchanting the adepti's mind with her ethereal words; come, and join her religion to ask for god's forgiveness! beg and scrawl underneath her feet, with deceptive words that became the throne of the future lord.

"what wonders are left in... teyvat?" a broken and lost melody that was slowly drifting, further and further away. losing touch from the distinct reality. "what am i without him?"

"hm~ whatever do you mean?" the apostle played an innocent illusion that captivated and could deceive anyone at first glance. her sly behaviour that corrupted each soul she encountered — a black abstract portrait of darkness — seemingly giving a chance, another chance to live on and start anew with her. "without rex lapis, it isn't the end of your story."

lay a irresistible path of hope for them to take.

"but! my existence itself isn't needed no more!" fragile like a glass. all it took was a single crack, similar to a domino effect. apply a little more pressure onto it, and watch it further self destruct, cracking, shattering, fracturing a large line of uncertainty. "even if i served under you, everything would remain the same. with or without me."

"a revolt against humanity."

and the glass scattered in an anthem of war.

"why do you want teyvat to fall?"

a great question indeed! why did the apostle want teyvat to fall? a world that held many lives; commuting mass genocide had no benefit to her.

then again, she is a god ruled by celestia. a divine creature that led the destruction of khaenri'ah alongside other archons and deities! oh dear, watching the arrogation of mankind fall, it was a wonderful sight!

"i suppose, the stench of life here is unbearable."

and soon, celestia will be ruled under her.

━━━━

( CHAPTER XI )