direct messages - eight

"C'mon. I know a place-"

"So do I. It's back through them doors." Natasha intervenes, watching the brunette step back from the wall she's pressed her tall guest against. "Go."

"But-"

"You have five seconds to get back out there. This is a private room and you're now trespassing." With an obedient nod, the woman scurries out of the back room, tension rising between the two agents. "What the hell is this?"

"Boo, Romanoff. So uptight all the time." Sofia laughs, swiping the smudged lipstick from her bottom lip. "What's wrong now, huh? Maybe we should find a room, I could work some of that stress out-"

Before her fingers can even touch Natasha's waist, the redhead grabs her arm, twisting it up her back to turn her body and ramming the front of Sofia into the wall. "And you're drunk. Classic Sofia."

"And you're boring." Sofia huffs, gritting her teeth as her supposed friend twists her arm up her back tighter. "And rough. This is how you like it, huh? You should try this with Cap-"

"You're a real ass, you know?"

"You crashed my party just now. What the hell did I do?" Shoving her one last time before she lets her go, she watches as a drunk and clumsy Sofia gains back her balance.

"Maximoff. What the hell happened there?"

"She's a bitch. She was rude and she didn't want my help."

"We asked you this once to help her out-"

"Once? You asked once? I don't know if you've been sleep-walking around this compound for the last year but I think it's been more than once to help you sorry ass heroes out with some new Agent you've dragged in from the damn streets."

"It's your job! You didn't want to be out there with us-"

"I didn't want to be on the damn news, playing the hero. Avengers at it again! Avengers saved the world! Blah blah blah! Oh please. They all think you're this bunch of heroic agents that put your life on the line for them. You were a red room assassin, Tony might as well have been a war criminal and don't get me started on that Doctor, who can invent everything but a conscience for his damn giant alter ego! You're all doing this to cover up what you've done in the past and you're fooling nobody."

"And what about you, huh? You think you're so much better than us? Do you think any of us chose this? You're here for the exact same reasons as us and the only reason you do undercover mission is because you're so scared that the world is going to find out how this little girl went from HYDRA's hottest recruit to SHIELD's lapdog." Raising her hand, Sofia swings at the redhead but the amount of alcohol in her impairs her judgement and Natasha has already grabbed her wrist in a tight hold. "Go to bed, Sofia. You're a messy drunk, just like your father."

Before another word can be exchanged, Natasha disappears back out into the party where the Avengers had formed a line by the door, attempting to drown out the noise of their arguing but it was obvious. Everybody had heard, including the newest witch.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

direct message from: minimaximoff

minimaximoff:
hey
i hope you're okay
i just wanted to apologise
i shouldn't have spoken to you like that
so i'm sorry

also i took some pictures tonight
and i got you in the background

also i took some pictures tonightand i got you in the background

i thought you might like it

anyway
sorry again
you looked beautiful
goodnight
(read 2:04am)

-

note: wanda's gay panic at the end of this chapter is so me. i know these chapters are so short right now but i'm trying to build up some more context before they get a little bigger.

thank you so much to everybody that's read/liked/commented, you're the bessssttttt🤍