twitter - twelve

"You're a real shit shot." Sofia growls, slamming the base of her gun down on to the assassin's head. Having made her way back to where Sam had last seen Wanda, she took the opposite staircase where it seems agents were waiting on her arrival.

Having no trouble taking them down, she swiftly moved through the corridors, checking every vacant room and still trying to reach the redhead. "Agent Maximoff, do you copy?"

As she neared a larger room, a muffle came down the earpiece, all white noise and crackled connection. "Agent Maximoff? Wanda?"

"I suppose you're looking for her." Jumping at the deep voice, she immediately spun to see two agents, guarding an elderly man, who had Wanda in his grasp.

"I suppose I am."

"It's nice to see you again, Agent Russo."

"I can't say the same, Ritcher. Here was me thinking after all this time, you'd be in a ditch somewhere or left to rot in the ocean."

"Unfortunately for you, no." Ritcher snarled, letting the redhead fall to the floor and it's only then does Sofia get a look at the gash weeping blood on her forehead. "It's a real shame to see you like this, Sofia. SHIELD logo on your uniform, your true potential being held back. You were my favourite student, you know?"

"I did. The other recruits would punish me for it."

"I bet they'd love to see you now then, seconds before I put a bullet in your head."

"Oh, really? Cause I was thinking I'm sure they'd love to see the man that ruined their lives, killed their families and punished them for years get a bullet in his head. I guess it's a matter of perspective."

"There is another way of course. It doesn't have to be like this."

"Enlighten me."

"You come with us. I'm sure a night in the chair-" The though of the chair he was referring to sent a shiver through Sofia. She recalled being locked in, restraints squeezing her limbs, plastic being forced into her mouth before the button was pressed and her whole body felt like it was being burned on the inside out. "-could make you see sense. Make you see that all you need is us."

"It's a hard pass."

"Then I guess we take your friend. Agents." The two agents beside him lift their weapons, pointing them at the brunette as they move towards Wanda.

"NO! Wait-"

"I'm listening."

"You let her go, right now. You let her walk away and get back to the others and I'll come with you."

"Sofia." Wanda whispers, her eyes glassy as she peers up between the strands of her hair.

"I'll come back. I'll do whatever you need but you let her go."

"Oh my, SHIELD has changed you." He smirks. "Well, you heard her. Let her go."

Wanda is slowly released from their harsh grip, the guards taking a step back so she can stand up freely. "Go, Agent Maximoff."

"I can't let you do this-"

"I'm not asking you, Wanda. GO!"

"No, I-"

"Hey!" She grabs her thin arms, almost shaking her in her grasp. "I'm not asking, ok? You have to trust me on this. You head out of here. Straight down this corridor, take a left at the end and the third door on your right, then straight down the staircase. You tell Tony what is going on. We're on the eight floor, east wing. He'll pick up my mark. I need you to do this."

Nodding her head, she wipes the tear that's escaped her eye and hurries from the room. "So much mercy. It's like watching a different person."

"She doesn't deserve-" Refusing to show them any emotion, she stops herself. "She's gone. We need to leave. I assume you have a plan to get out of here."

"We have exactly that." Before she can question the sinister smirk that appears on his face, there's a metal prod against her back and her body suddenly feels like it's on fire. "While the chair isn't portable, we had to DIY our old methods."

Heading towards the ash stained window, he looks out to see the red iron suit, battling the last of his agents. "Ok. Get her up, bring her round."

Sofia feels her body being picked up off the floor, her eyes still focusing on nothing but black. Heavy hands are tugging at her limbs, fingers patting at her face before those very words are being whispered into her ear, triggering her for the first time in years.

"Hail HYDRA."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

FOXNews: UPDATE! Iron Man was spotted in the skies close to Sokovia. Reports are saying the Avengers are taking down a private organisation that had plans to start a war with SHIELD. Stay tuned!

 Stay tuned!

762.8k retweets | 501.8k likes