15

\\ Harry's P.O.V //

I've messed up. I've messed up so fucking badly. I thought I was doing the right thing... Sarah told me I was, so I believed her. But I ended up accomplishing nothing and hurting Erin even more.

She probably thinks I'm a major dick now. How the heck am I suppose to get her to like me now? I'm pretty sure she hates me even more.

If only I could turn back the time.

After I confessed my true feelings to Erin in the bathroom, a weird smell lead me to opening the toilet. Shit. It was disgusting. I knew I smelt something weird since I arrived.

I almost passed out at the dirty sight, but I got up, and acted like a man by plumbing the toilet. After the relieving sound of the flush, I ran out to where Erin might be.

Thankfully, she was still running away from me so I called out to her. I should've just passed out in the bathroom because Erin was in Louis' arms. That bastard.

Before I decided to go and finally talk to Erin, I told Louis everything. He was pissed, yes, but as the same male species, he told me he would help me. But obviously he was lying.

I felt my heart shatter into small pieces, and my chest stung from the result. Erin was kissing Louis. It broke me.

All this time, I thought I had the perfect plan into getting her into my arms, but because of my plan, there she was in someone else's.

I couldn't just stand there, watching. I had to do something. But again, I shouldn't have.

When I pulled Louis off of Erin, my anger got the best of me. But Erin's anger got the best of her, too. She punched me in the face.

My immediate reaction was to massage the wounded spot, but as I looked back to the person who hit me, I felt like I was punched again.

Erin looked so upset. She was hurt. Maybe she did like me, but I reversed that tonight by making her hate me. Seeing her so sad made me sad too.

"Don't ever talk to me again!" She warned. But sadly, I couldn't fulfill that request of hers; I wanted to, but I was selfish.

I was now standing in front of her english class, waiting. I had a chocolate cupcake in my hands, and I was going to beg her for my forgiveness.

When the bell rang, the students came rushing out, running toward the snack bar or their next class. I continued to wait for Erin but she never came out.

Convinced that she didn't come to class, I slowly turned my back. But as I took a glimpse of the class through the small window, there she was; talking to a good looking man. It made me jealous as hell.

"Thanks, Mr. Malik," she thanked the teacher, smiling. Oh jesus, that smile; it could brighten up anyone's day. "I'll text you." Text? Wasn't that illegal?

"You mean e-mail, Erin," he winked, causing her cheeks to turn pink. My hands balled into fists. Was he flirting? "Texting relationships is prohibited, here."

"Oh, come on, Zayn, you follow the rules too much." she playfully punched him in the arm, causing the blushing to be the other way around. I couldn't just stand here and watch them flirt. I knocked the door and went inside.

"Hi Erin!" I saw as her bright expression immediately fell apart. I felt guilty.

"Bye, Mr. Malik." She turned on her heels, and sped to the door. I stopped her.

"Erin, can we... talk?"

"Fuck off, Harry, I told you to never talk to me again." I sighed.

"I, um, I got you a chocolate cupcake?" I gave her one of my dimpled smile, hoping that she would at least take the cupcake. Who was I kidding, she'd never forgive me.

She eyed the cupcake, furrowing her brows. I began to circle the cupcake under her nose, and she scowled.

"I'm taking the cupcake," she snatched it from my hands, but I was glad. "Now, really, screw off."

Although I didn't want to, I decided to let her go for her sake. I didn't want to upset her even more. I watched her leave the classroom, leaving me in her english class with this, Mr. Malik.

"Don't hurt her." He said quietly, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"I said, don't hurt her, alright?" I was beginning to hate him. Who did he think he was?

"I'm sorry, last time I checked, I don't give a fuck what you think." He began to laugh.

"Listen, kid, she's a good student of mine, and I hate that her cheerful personality is being let down because of something outside of class."

Just as I was going to reply, I felt the vibration of my iPhone going off in my back pocket. I eyed Mr. Malik one more time before taking out my phone and reading the message.

Sarah: meet me at my dorm. Erin's not going to be here.

"Look, just don't worry about what happens to Erin." I scoffed, heading for the door. I continued to hear Mr. Malik laugh, mumbling something about "kids these days."

•••

I just tried writing a short update on what harry thought through all this and some of the after math! I'll be going back in to Erin in the next part (: