Chapter 10

Planet Helios—a planet with intelligent alien life with mostly male inhabitants.  Ever since, the male leaders, mainly comprising medical practitioners and lab scientists, have been trying to prevent the extinction of their female species, all to no avail—Boman, their leader, and the rest research tirelessly for a solution.

Day and night, they test in the lab, but they could not prevent the male species' overpopulation on their planet. For the time being, no remaining female is allowed to reproduce to avoid further overpopulation of the male species. The females suffer from a strange fertility issue making them only conceive males or no children at all. It had been that way since a sudden change in the genetic make-up in their last generations. While the men are left unaffected, women's chromosomes seem to be causing the issue. As usual, their research yielded no positive result, even though they had advanced technology.

After decades in deep search of women's fertility, a chromosome match amongst other planets females seemed to be the only viable option. From their research, most planets did not have many compatible living organisms present. Yet fortunately, they found planet Earth. 

Though humanoids like themselves, Earth's inhabitants had not replied to their message since they last tried to communicate with them. Since the beginning, they were looking for other favorable planets.

It's been five hours of the current day since Boman, the alien leader, and his team were in his sophisticated lab. They were now looking for a planet where higher-class animals reside and whose chromosomes match theirs. They do so by waiting for a planet to pass in front of its star. A plasma observes the tiny dips in a star when such a world passes in front of it to see if its chromosome is compatible with what they are looking for. Suddenly in a faraway galaxy, they found the Milkyway where Earth is located.

"Guys, I think you should take five," Boman said, excusing his co-leaders for a break. "In fact, just take the rest of the day. The lab is closed for the day." His face set in frustration.

He observed Earth for a while and learned everything he could about them, and patiently saw their plans for them evolve. Then, he started to send messages to different parts of their world to contact them. But Earth didn't seem to be interested in colliding an agreement as they were offering. To this day, they have not replied. Not knowing what to do, Boman contacted earth once again, only he would use a different approach this time. Rather than making contact with NASA as he tried last time, he opted for a different geographical location.

Is it possible that they were not interested in what he had to say? Yet, how could they not? He meticulously looked through his electronic gadget capable of scanning a group of countries all at once. So many nations on earth, yet none seemed to suit his presence. Boman was running out of time, and his co-leaders and planet were looking up to him. He had to choose fast and forget about preference.

His assistant would be serving them lunch by now, but he wasn't hungry. Instead, he went to his inner chamber and looked for his HDVR-435 Mastcam. It can show confidential information about a particular planet, even the database of every individual occupying that geographical location. He logged in with his passcode and now could see how the Cilomina virus pandemic was killing them all. His heart went out to them.

He observed and was drawn to a particular city talking about a particular radio broadcast about them. On his Mastcam, he checks the fertility rate of women in that circle, and it looked good. He observed a Governor making an important call which the Mastcam was able to rewind. So he takes it back to the time the Governor was listening to a radio station and heard all that was being said.

Just what I thought. He sighed. "They did respond, but we haven't received the message. Shit, it's because they can't understand it that well."

Thinking that they had access to the Lincos language as well, he had made the mistake of communicating with them in his alien tongue. It began to make sense now - they were just unable to understand his coded language. He tapped on the screen's image to see the biodata on the Governor.

"Peg!" He called out to one of his maidservants. Get me my app, please," he requested.

He had a Skysafari - a highly technical device, a phone that can be used in communicating with another planet, and Earth was a bit over 500 light-years away from Helios. However, they were relatively close in distance compared to other worlds.

Helian phones could pick up call signals from the Earth such that when someone received a call
from them, it would be unsuspected it's from another planet. In less than five minutes, Peg was back with his phone. He accessed the Governor's cell number, computer, and all electronic devices using a network tracking device.

Now was the time to put his Lincos language into fair use.

"This is Boman speaking from planet Helios."

Mr. Governor was surprised to receive a call from planet Helios. It surprised him even more that he knew his name and spoke English fluently. Along with other politicians, astronauts, and scientists all over Earth, the governor already knew about the alien's first contact.

All this time, they could speak English, yet NASA was working on it when they needed to be working on their quantitative reasoning. The Governor shook his head bitterly.

"Am I speaking with Governor Mirvanno from Somalia and his scientific team?" He verified it was him, having found out his name and location from his biodata on the Mastcam.

"Am I dreaming?" He stared at them in amazement. They looked human like people on Earth.

A lot of questions roamed through his mind.

How possible could it be for a phone to connect from one planet to another?

"You do speak English?" he blurted out in surprise before maintaining his composure.

"Not exactly. This device I'm using lets me translate using Lincos."

"Wow. What that young lady Alyssa said about Lincos is real. I thought it was a fallacy."

He didn't think so highly of alien life. He knew they were a digitalized planet, but this completely blew his mind.

He felt honored to be called by one of Helio's prominent aliens.

"Interesting choice of words. Yes, I did have a chance to hear what she said as well. it appears she is right."

"Forgive my manners. Good day Sir. Yes, this is the Governor of Somalia. We have been trying to reach your planet all this while for help." the Governor suddenly realized he was rattling. "But first, how may I help you, Sir Boman?"

"That is a great question. The same question which I've been asking all over Earth myself."