Chapter 14

Everyone panicked as expected with the release of the whole truth, especially once the Helian ships appeared in the sky. The governor, Alyssa, and Tinker were immediately taken to the mothership to meet Boman. All the brides followed along and were taken to the health center chamber to be tested and begin the procedures that would ensure they were ready for what was to come.

"It is an honor to meet your grandness." The governor gestured to shake his hand, which Boman didn't glance at. Instead, he only looked towards Alyssa. But she had not even glanced at him since they entered his office. It was big, with technology they had never dreamed of. She was awed by how different everything looked from anything she had seen.

A man dressed as a doctor came in and gestured for them to be seated. He had a strange injector and vial with him. 

"Is this the cure?"

The doctor just shook his head, and the governor jumped in.

"That vial contains some neural enhancements to chemically after the brain just enough to help us understand their language. It'll also help brides assimilate mating with them."

Alyssa looked like she didn't like that. 

"You signed the contract. It would be best if you let them inject you with it. Otherwise, the deal is off."

Once the fluid went in, they could see as it spread to their body.

"Do not worry. This is supposed to happen. It means it's taking effect." She now heard the doctor say.

"Interesting. You all speak English now without translation?"

"The liquid gave you the ability to understand our language, not the other way around, and something more."

"More? What does that mean?"

As the Helian doctor explained, Alyssa got distracted by a big screen on the wall that showed everything on Earth broadcasted from the other ships. Many humans were resisting. Those who fought back were taken in the alien ships by force.

She was rubbing the right side of the back of her neck when suddenly she was startled by another hand rubbing her left side. She tried to turn around and shrug the invasion of her personal space, but suddenly hands grabbed her sides to keep her in place. 

"Wife." 

She could feel how her body involuntarily started responding to him but wanted to resist it.

"Let go of me," she growled. 

"You need to lower your stress. Your body needs to assimilate the medication. Soon we will give you the cure. The other brides are getting it as we speak." He spoke softly, his mouth close to her ear. "You two should go to the health chamber where the rest of the brides are to get the cure. The governor and I will finish all the paperwork."

"No!" She turned around and poked him in the chest. "We will not be asleep while men decide our fates. Rest assured, it will not be!"

"Very well," Boman replied with a wide-eyed look.

"Hurry up, sit," Alyssa demanded, and Boman hurried to his seat.

They all discussed the terms for the brides, the rest of the humans that came with them, Earth's cleansing, and their return. Alysa and Tinker were not all a hundred percent in on the Helian's customs for their way of wedding them and what was expected of them, but they threw in some things to sweeten the deal. The Earth's cleansing was the most horrid thing of it all. First, Earth would be destroyed and reborn, and they would see it all from the ship. Then, after a decade of human years, everyone would be able to come back. But time Helios was not as long as it was on Earth, so that gave them hope.