Chapter 20

Boman carried Alyssa back to their room. Its events had taken a toll on her, and she didn't have the strength to walk around. After their heated kiss in the infirmary, her body started to ache all over. She tried her best not to give it away and barely glanced in his direction, rejecting his every intent to kiss her.

"Here, drink this while I turn on the shower."

She did as she was told while he turned on the shower for her at a warm temperature. He helped her undress and went in.

She sat down for a while, feeling the warmth and taking her sweet time soaping all her body.

"Can I join you?"

She looked up at him, noticing he had removed all his clothes. He never left her side. Quickly she brushed off the soap and got up, ignoring her aching body. "I'm heading out."

"Wife." He protested.

"I agreed to give you a chance not to bed you." She said firmly. 

He scowled but pulled away from her and let her be as she wrapped a towel around herself.

Boman started to shower, feeling the same ache building up, and wondered if she felt it too. Suddenly he heard a loud thump along with Alyssa's cry and hurried out of the shower taking his towel with him.

Alyssa was in a fetal position on the carpet, he wrapped the towel around his torso and leaned down to turn her around, but she pushed her hand back. "Let go of me!"

"Stop! Our children could be hurt!"

"I don't want to feel like this! It's like my body is on fire. My insides crave you! I hate it!"

He pushed past her struggle and picked her up to sit her down on the bed. "If it helps, I feel it too."

"It doesn't! This was never explained to me! You said-"

"I know what I said!" 

She swallowed hard, looking at his angered expression. "Do you think I like telling you things I can't do? The serum is connected to our mating and our young. Our children finish gestation because of it."

"What else are you bullshitting everyone with, Boman?"

He didn't respond.

"I'm done with the lies. My babies will be fine. I'm tired, and I want to sleep."

"Our babies."

"Whatever." She tucked herself beneath the covers turning his back to him.

Once he walked away from her, she started whimpering and screaming in pain.

"Stop being stubborn and let me relief us." He walked back to her rubbing her back.

"I don't want your help!" He could hear her holding back pained sounds. He turned her around, pressing her back to the bed and getting on top of her ignoring her struggles.

"Get off me!"

"Concede!"

"NO!"

He took the opportunity to lunge towards her mouth, waiting patiently for her to stop hitting him.

He whisked her up, unwrapping both towels from their bodies, and threw them to the floor. As he was attacking her neck with his tongue and open-mouthed kisses, her legs instinctively fell open as he got his head in between them to moisten her. Grabbing her breasts simultaneously brought her quickly to a high. She hated how desperate her body was feeling for him. He quickly brought her to him, raising her thighs, pushing in one swift go crumbling in the bed on top of her, fucking her into relief and exhaustion.

***

The next day Alyssa awoke to find a cold and empty bed, realizing Boman had left a while ago. She looked around and saw food sitting around a small table at the end of the bed. Pulling on her silk robe, she sat down and ate. She was hungry, eating for three now.

There was a note on the table. All mothers will meet at the grand hall for training. Join them if you'd like. I'll be back soon.

"Interesting. This I do remember from the contract."

Taking her sweet time to enjoy her breakfast, she looked at her now grown belly. She just noticed she looked as all mothers did yesterday. Motherhood looks suited her. She just hated the idea that the father of her children had to be Boman. If this was her life for god knows what amount of time, then the first thing on her list was to read the contract from top to bottom and figure out a way to get even. She had to be smart about it and get him off her back for a while, make him think she would give him a chance, give into him for their babies. But she would come up with a plan.

"We're not staying cooped up in this room all day. Let's go and get moving." She spoke down to her belly.

She got dressed in exercise clothes and went out to where everything went out of control last night.

"Alyssa!" Tinker exclaimed joyfully and hugged her. "You look beautiful as a mother."

"Thanks." She chuckled. "I wish father was here to see it." 

But did she? Looking back at how things had happened, if her father were still alive, he would be heartbroken. She had pushed her grief aside for a while, but tears started to form in her eyes, thinking about him and how much she missed him. Ambrose brought back memories of him. Her father always wanted a good man for her. She felt guilty for never paying attention to him. Thinking back on the past, she might have even been happy with him.

"I'm sure Dr. Adler would have been so happy and proud with everything you have accomplished, Alyssa. Even if we are away from Earth, he remains with you, watching over us."

"Thank you for those words." She grabbed her hand and pressed it lightly in appreciation.

"You are very welcome. I love you."

"I love you too." It was nice to see Tinker again like this. Alyssa was starting to think she might be losing who she was back on Earth to something else.

"We start in 15 minutes, ladies. Start stretching!" Dr. Ada announced, and everyone started stretching out their bodies.

"Do you want to talk about what happened last night?"

"I'm so confused, Tinker. I don't know how to handle all this. I had zero men drama back home, and now it's coming in plenty. I wish I could just reject them all as I did back then. Life was simpler."

"I totally understand that, and I feel a lot of that has happened lately. You know you can reject Boman, right?" She looked at the floor, pursing her lips barely whispering.

"So I've been told, but that man knows how to get himself out of impossible situations." She whispered back.

Tinker eyed their surroundings. 

"There is possibly a clause in the contract." Tinker looked hesitant. "I'll help you find it, and we will make a plan."

"How do you know so much about it?"

"Because I rejected my first pairing."

Tinker's behavior since that night became all too clear for her. This is where it hit her. Last night General Blaze came over to them and talked about being rejected. So far, he's the only one that had.

"Why the fuck would you do that to Blaze?"

"Shh! How did you know...Oh, right, last night, he told everyone."

"Right. So why did you do it?"

"Alyssa, I cant tell you right now, and all you need to know is that you can't trust anyone here. At some point, maybe even me."

Tinker left her side with this, and Alyssa had more questions than answers.

What is going on? She asked herself as everyone went to the training room to start exercising for the day.