Chapter 21

Hi!!!

Omg i know, it has been so long! I'm really sorry, I'm a disgrace :c but here is the new chapter so please don't kill me >.< Not the best but I tried so I hope you guys like it :) I think some may have figured it out already but IRWR is coming to an end ;(
Anyway don't forget to vote and comment! :D

Good Reading

Chapter 21

Cold…I was so cold…

I felt like i was in a ice bubble, I couldn't hear anything, see anything or smell anything…My body was numb, heavy as cement. I could taste something coppery, like metal in my mouth but my brain was too slow to decode that information, the ice around me, in me, was keeping me from being aware of my surroundings and my own body. However, even in that state of numbness, I was completely aware of what had happened.

I had been shot.

And I was going to die.

No sugar coat, no pretty words. I couldn't run from it, fight it or even cry about it. My body was shutting down and my brain couldn't process any other information apart from that cold, harsh truth.

I was going to die.

Despite knowing that, I wasn't afraid since I was the one that brought death upon myself...I wouldn't regret it a single time. Between Dom and I, I would always choose to save him so I was glad that I was the one dying and not him. My life would be over soon but he could carry on with his, be successful, fall in love again, get married and have a family. Do everything I would never be able to do.

Suddenly pain shot through my shoulder and I couldn't help but release a pathetic mewl. Death should not be painful! It was supposed welcomed in eternal oblivion not feel like someone was cutting my skin with glass shards! Whimpering, I focused on moving my body away from the pain but again, I felt numb.

Wake up...

I didn't say that...Did I?

Baby, please...I need you...

Who? Who needed me? Who was talking? It wasn't my voice, those weren't my words. Then who? who? who? who...?

I love you...

Love...? I only loved Dom, no one else and he loved me...He told me, showed me so is it him? Please let it be him...I was ready to die, to be over with if there wasn't other choice...but that was his voice and he sounded so broken, shattered, completely hollow. A beautiful and gentle man like him shouldn't have a voice of a soulless man. He needed me and I needed him, more than anything. I didn't know how I managed to find the will to fight, so far gone as I was but suddenly I heard a crack and the ice around me started shattering. Bit by tiny bit, the ice started releasing my body from its enclosure and, even though the pain was growing by the second, so was the voice of the man crying, calling my name.

I'm here, I wanted to say, to scream to let him know that I hadn't left him but my voice wasn't strong enough and the ice was still too thick. Only a bit more. Focusing on different parts of my body, I force them to move or at least get connected to my mind again and slowly I felt my toes, then my feet, my legs...until the pain was so intolerable that it almost made me writhe in agony but enough for Dom become aware that I was there, alive in his arms.

"Aleera...? Oh my god, she's alive! I love you...so so much..." Dominic sobbed into my hair and the emotional pain of seeing the man I love so broken completely overcame my physical pain. "I thought I lost you..."