Chapter 22

Hello!!!!

Another chapter guys and this one has a tiny surprise in it so I hope you guys like it even though it was a bit tricky for me to write >.< If it isn't good, please don't kill me! 

There will be only one more chapter (yes i know, just one more ;c ) so it is coming to an end. I really hope you guys enjoyed it and please don't forget to comment and vote!!!!

(As usual, I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammar)

 Good reading!

P.S. New cover by CorvusTenebrae. Thank you so much!

Chapter 22

Two weeks later

I could feel him tense by my side, grabbing the steering wheel so hard his knuckles turned white. Dom rarely showed weakness to others and even though he had shown it to me, it wasn't needed much to understand he was still not comfortable being vulnerable. Nervosism and anxiety where eating him alive as we parked in front of the huge building that was prison.

Tall grey walls topped by barbed wire, dozens of military men on foot and with dogs patrolling the perimeter, black vans coming and going and hundreds and hundreds of yards of iron fences was all we could see. As Dom was allowed to go in the parking lot by the officer at the entrance, I started to get even more restless and even as the engine of his car died out, I could not move from my seat.

It had been his idea, to go visit him and at the beginning I hadn't understood why...and honestly, I still didn't understand his need to confront him, to know why he had tried to ruin his life but who could understand Dominic?

Didn't matter how many times I had asked 'why', his answer was always the same: silence. Part of me did understand he wanted some kind of closure, after all they had been friends for years and that kind of betrayal was not something he could take lightly but...another part of me was scared to see him again, to face him and to face all the memories that would rush to me like a hundred charging rhinos. I was not ready but neither could I stay at home and leave Dom alone with him, even when he asked me to. I could be strong for him. He had been strong for me since the day we met.

"You can stay here, baby...I can go alone, in and out in less than 15 minutes. I promise."

"No, I wanna go."

He paused, staring at nothing outside the window. I didn't want to argue again, not at that time.

"What if I told you that I want to do this alone, a talk just between us. Would you let me go?"

"Dom..."

"Please, Aleera. I want to go alone, just this once. It's importante to me."

That surprised me. Yes, he had been nagging me to stay at home and yes, I knew he didn't want me to come but I thought it was just him being overprotective again. I had never looked at it from his point of view. Dominic wanted to have his closure moment with Liam and I had no right to butt in...even if i didn't like it at all. I was probably going to regret staying in the car.

"Alright....but promise me you won't do anything stupid." I warned him, in my most serious tone of voice. By his look, my tone of voice was not needed, he could see the threat in my eyes.

With a short, stiff nod he got out of the car and I braced myself for the wait.