Chapter 15

New chapter! :3 Hope you like it

Good Reading

Chapter 15

I almost passed out right there, looking at him like he had grown a second, third and maybe fourth head. Never, ever, would I imagine Dominic telling me that he loved me, not then and not ever. Not that I hadn't loved what he told me, a part of me was still swooning and in cloud nine but... a couple of months were far from enough to that kind of feeling grow, right? Or not, maybe it was just me, still a little suspicious about love and relationships after Drew...

My rational side told me it was too soon and maybe he was confused, however, the other 85% of me was swimming in a sea of roses, not actually believing that Dom had said that to me, not one of his ex model girlfriends, me. But, before I could say anything, Dom got up and walked towards the glass wall, standing with his back to me.

"I know you don't feel the same and I won't pressure you to feel for me what I feel for you." He had no idea, no clue about how I felt about him that, despite not being love yet, was very close. Dom was very important to me and the last thing I wanted was for him to feel...well,to feel unloved.

With my eyes glued to his back, I tried to get out of the freaking huge bed but he saw me before I could put a foot on the floor. "What the fuck are you doing?" He almost shouted, rushing to my side. "You're still hurt, woman!"

Since he was kneeling between my legs, carefully grabbing my feet so they didn't touch the floor, I took advantage of his closeness and held his face in my hands, making him look at me.

"I like you Dom, I really do, but...loving someone doesn't happen in a couple of months." I started gently, rubbing my thumbs over his cheek and lips. Dom leaned towards my hand, reminding me, again, of a lion, a wild beast searching for comfort.

"No, it doesn't." He agreed, lowering his eyes and kissing my bad knee, and then added, whispering. "But I have been in love with you for years, not months."

"W-what?" Stuttering a little, I watched him with wide eyes. "What do you mean?"

With a rough sigh, Dom sat beside me and glanced at me, insecurity and anxiety pouring from his eyes. He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell me or maybe just didn't know how but, either way, I wanted him to feel comfortable to talk to me about anything. I wanted to be everything he needed, including someone he could talk to.

"Tell me, Dominic, whatever it is, you can always tell me."

"I know you since college." He started and I had never heard that tone on his voice, it was weariness, like he was exhausted. "Since then  I've been in love with you but you never looked at me twice. Why would you anyway?" His voice turned sarcastic and I grabbed his hand. Dom then looked at me and I could actually feel his pain. "I was a fucked up kid and you were perfect."

"That's not true."

Another bitter laugh and my heart constricted a little more. "Yeah, it is. I was in second year when you came to college and my eyes never left you since then. But, you were the complete opposite of me: you had good grades and I missed almost every class, you were a honor student and I used drugs, started fights and destroyed school property. The only thing that kept me in that school was my parent's money." His voice got lower as he continued speaking. "I was destroying myself until I found something that made me want to get better."

I let Dom hug me, both of us needing the closeness, and I rested my head on the crook of his neck as his hands run up and down my spine. I knew he wasn't done and that there was more to come but I would give him all the time he needed because it was a big step from Dominic to open to me like that. Pressuring him would only make him return to his usual reserved self and I wanted to know this more open facet of him. I wanted to know all of him, that was what falling for someon meant, to accept every bit, flawed or not, of your companion.