Chapter 8

Hello!

Here is the new chapter and I hope you like it. I also want to thank to SafriaGirl for her comment on my profile, it was very kind of you so thank you :)

Anyway, this story is not getting as many votes as I wished for so can you all pleaaaase vote and comment a little more??? It's just one clicke that woul made me extremely happy.

I promise there will be more action in the next chapters so just keep reading, kay? 

Good reading

Chapter 8

Standing in front of the door, with my hand on the knob, I wondered if he would still be in the house. Last night, he had cursed and banged on the door for another 20 minutes until he finally gave up. I heard a few angry steps and I was almost sure he had kicked a wall before I fell asleep.

As usually happened with that man, I found myself wondering, again, if I had been the one overreacting. He was driving me crazy and I wasn't sure if I liked that. I was grumpy, tired and sleepy and not in the mood to have another fight with Dominic.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and the smile was almost immediate, somehow lightening my mood. Dominic hadn't go home neither had he slept on the couch, he was sitting against the wall, his head hanging slightly as quiet and soft snores came from him. His big body would probably be sore from being in that position for that long.

Quietly, I walked to him and kneeled in front of Dom, taking his face in my hands gently. He sighed and started to open his eyes.

"Good morning, sunshine."

With his face still in my hands, he grunted and leaned forward, placing his head on my shoulder. Chuckling, I grabbed his arms and started pulling him up.

"C'mon big guy, I've to go to work."

"It's early."He grunted again, his voice muffled by my shoulder.

"And how do you know that? You just woke up."

A pause. "Don't have an answer, huh?" I teased. "Well, I have to go so do what you want."

When I was opening the front door, he was already behind me. In silence, we walked to the elevator with him so close to me that his arm was always brushing mine. I couldn't believe he had actually slept in my house, on the hall, because I had said I needed time to think if I forgave him or not. No one had ever cared so much about what I thought, no even my friends. How could I not forgive him?

Dominic always surprised me, he was a walking contradiction. One moment we were fighting like dogs and the other he did the most sweet and unbelievable things. He was sweet and then aggressive, gentle and then overbearing. He never stood in the middle, always in polar opposites and I? I never knew how to be around him.

In my mind, I knew he was not the right man for me but, in my heart, a warm feeling started growing, like a beginning of a friendship. Despite his tantrums and sudden change of moods, I found myself caring for him and feeling like he cared for me too. It was an amazing feeling.

"What are you thinking?" He asked softly.

"That you're forgiven."

Dominic stopped walking, staring at me with a expression full of...something. I stopped too, returning the stare.