Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Taking a deep breath, I tried to pull away from the hold Dominic had on me but I was roughly pulled back by an angry man.

"He's my friend Dominic, we were just talking." I explained him softly, not wanting to make him more worked up than he already was. Despite being mad about the way he was talking, I knew that talk back to him would do nothing good at that time. I would wait until we were alone and I could scream at him at will.

"Yeah, I saw how you are just 'talking'." He sneered menacingly and tightened his hold on me. His attitude per se was already bad but talking like that in front of him, oh no, he would not be that rude and disrespectful with my friends without me having nothing to say. It was then something in me snapped and I felt my vision go red.

"James, thank you for accompanying me to my car. I hope you can contact the vet with the number I gave you." I said, talking calmly to James. When I felt that Dominic would do something, I grabbed his arm and made sure my nails bit into his flesh. "I swear to God, Dom, that, if you say something, I'll make sure you're going to become infertile." I hissed viciously.

"Are you sure you're okay?" James asked, his eyes never leaving Dom.

"I'm just fine. Goodnight." And, with that, still warily, James turned around and pulled Zeus with him as I watched them walked back from where they had came from.

As soon as they disappeared from my sight, I brutally shoved Dom's arm away and turned to him, only a few feet between us. On a normal day, that hard and enraged glares he was throwing at me would made me wobble on my feet but not that night, that night, I was so mad, so furious that I wanted to hit him. I had never been so humiliated! Did he think I was some kind of object? What gave him the right of manhandle me like that in front of a friend, or even if I was alone?! No, that didn't work for me, we were equal, Dominic did not own me and he would not treat me like that, not then and not ever.

"Are you mad or you're just stupid?" I asked, venom dripping from every of my words, corrosive and sharp as knifes. I didn't know if it was the steal of my words or my raw anger that shut him up but something made him quietly listen to me. "Do you know how embarassed I am with what just happened?! You dare to do that in front of a friend of mine?!"

"He was..."

"I don't care!" I shouted, interrupting his growl. He was surprised with my fury, looking at me warily as I clenched my fists with such strength that my nails sank into my flesh and draw blood. "You just manhandled me like I was a fucking object! I'm a person, I demand respect!" Hissing, I took two steps forward and, despite my face only reached his chest, I looked up as menacingly as if I was as tall as him. "Just for you know, the chance you had in dating me was just thrown away with this little trick of yours."

And with that I turned on my heel and started to walk around him so I could go into the car but, before I could take two steps, his hand had already grabbed my forearm in an iron grip.

"You're leaving me because of him?” Dominic laughed darkly, his eyes flashing with something wild and dangerous, a barely hidden threat. I shivered.

Without looking at him, I replied. "No, Dom, I'm leaving because you don't respect me at all."

He didn't let go.

"Let go."

"I'm sorry." He said through gritted teeth.

"Let me go!" I threated him but his grip did not budge. The intensity of his stare made me quiver slightly but I couldn't show how he affected me, I was mad at him and he needed to understand that. "Now, Dominic."