Chapter 14

Helloooo!

Here's the new chapter :D I know you guys were anxious about what happened to Aleera so here it is, tell me what you think.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Good Reading! :3

Chapter 14

Cotton filled my brain so it took a little longer than usual to understand from where the annoying 'bip bip' sound came. A thick and heavy blanket of numbness covered me from head to toe and I felt my eyelids too heavy to pull them open. The 'bip' sound got louder and I moaned, wanting to silence that noise, however, I couldn't actually move any part of my body.

Something soft caressed my cheek and I was vaguely aware of a rough and hoarse sound, husky and filled with an emotion that my brain could not process at the time. A voice, I understood seconds later. Another caress and something moist and soft touched my forehead.

Who was this? Where was I? And why couldn't I open my eyes?

Anxiously, I struggled to open my eyes but, much to my frustration, they remained closed and, as the bip got louder, I started to groaned and fight to make my body work properly.

"Someone help her!" I heard the rough shout near my face and my anxiousness only got higher and higher.

Several hands touched my body almost at the same time, holding me down by my hands and legs as I felt a sting, something piercing my skin and I squealed weakly. However, seconds later, I felt my body relax and the voices became more distinguishable, my body and brain was more aware of my surroundings.

"She will be fine, sir. Disorientation is normal after the trauma, her mind is trying to protect itself causing the shut down to prevent more damages." A professional voice explained to someone and I felt relieved that I could hear and understand fully what he was saying. "The sedative is going to relax her and she should come around soon."

"She better be." A threat, a dangerous promise.

The cotton was starting to dissolve and I could finally identify the angry voice. Dominic.

His name alone made me want to open my eyes and I tried hard to force my eyelids to pry open. As had happened before, I feared I couldn't succeed but, so very slowly, rays of light appeared in front of me.

"Look! She's opening her eyes." A rough and anxious voice sounded beside me and I was able to recognize Patrick's voice.

The air shifted beside me and I felt a few people rushing towards my side. At first, my vision was blurry and I only saw light and shadows over me. The light was too strong and I close them again, moaning in pain when a headache hit me.

"Turn off the lights!" A female hissed. Anya. "It's bothering her! Move, assholes!"

All the clarity was sudden gone and my eyes opened easily. Focusing on the shadows, I first saw the face closest to me. Dominic was the closest person and I saw his very tired and very worried look.

"Hi." He whispered softly at me, kissing my cheek. "It was about time for you to wake up, baby."

Chuckling, I ignored my sore throat, and leaned towards his caresses. "Sorry."

"Damn, girl, you made us all take anti-acids because of the stress! If I gain an ulcer in my stomach, I'll send you the medic bill." Patrick scolded me but he had a tired grin on his face. His head was placed on the corner of my pillow, on the opposite side of Dom, and I leaned towards him, kissing his forehead boldly. His smile widened.