Mothers Love

Alastair had heard his mobile phone ringing, seeing that it was James Herondale he didn't want to answer it. In case that he was mad at him for hurting Thomas, the kindest, smartest, most handsome man he had ever met. But after his phone rang about seven times he finally picked it up answering harshly to keep some of his walls up around him. "What?!" but the words that he heard made him stop in shock, as he pulled his shoes on and ran out the door pulling it closed after himself. Alastair ran to the institute and into the infirmary, he seen Thomas laying in the bed his eyes closed and he looked as if he was barely breathing. He slowly walked over to the bed, his eyes were glossy with tears. "This is my fault... I didn't go on patrol with you.. I'm so sorry." This was all Alastair could get the chance to say for the infirmary door burst open to reveal Thomas's mother Sophie. She briskly walked to the bed stopping just by Alastair as she gave him a look remembering what he had said about his academy days. " You have absolutely no right to be anywhere near here or near my son, leave at once." Sophie lifted Thomas's hand and held it softly, her eyes filling with tears. "My poor baby boy." Alastair slowly backed away from the bed watching the two from a distance, seeing the way Sophie cared for her son and realising that he would never be able to show Thomas his love for him.

{ It's a short one I'm sorry 😔 also I promised a friend that I would add Sophie in for one chapter}