Past Memories

POV (Thomas)

Thomas walked along the corridors of the institute, he was holding a big stack of files that he had just helped his mom fill in and was now bringing them to Charlotte so she could look over them. He was distracted as he always was, thinking about Alastair with his black hair and black eyes. That Thomas knew he had just fallen for, but alas their situations were too different for them to be together. Thomas feared that his friends would hate him if he started dating Alastair but of course that wouldn't happen especially how he had dragged his family name, his father's name through the mud. His family name had already been tarnished by his grandfather and now it had been by someone he trusted the most. By the boy he had fallen for in Paris, by the only one who would ever have his heart, his love who he had tried to hate but couldn't. He tried so hard to make himself see that Alastair wasn't good for him but he knew that he would always and forever love Alastair. Thomas walked by the ballroom that was the last place he had seen Alastair was, stopping for a moment as he looked in his hand against the door and sighing softly. He continued his walk looking down, until he heard his name. That voice, that voice he had longed to hear, that person he had longed to see. Thomas stopped walking looking at him in shock before he composed himself and gave him a little nod. "Carstairs" he said as he fiddled with the paperwork that he was holding and accidentally dropped it. He sighed softly and embarrassed before kneeling down and picking it up. He glanced up at Alastair "Sorry" he said softly picking up his things hanging his head lowly as he didn't really want to look at him and relive the bad memories from their past.

POV (Alastair)

Alastair's eyes widened as he saw Thomas, the guy he had fallen in love with but he ruined it. Alastair hated the past and what he said to Thomas and his friends. 'You are so stupid. You could have been in love with the nicest shadowhunter. You are in love with him...' he thought to himself. Seeing Thomas just made him want to cry with hatred, and hurt from reliving the pain he had seen on his face when he found out the rumours that he had spread. "T-Thomas" he said with a nod feeling the lump in his throat he averted his eyes from Thomas's. He felt stuck he wished he could be friends with him like they were in Paris. Alastair turned to say something to Thomas but he had turned the corner walking away from him, Alastair sighed sadly and walked the corridor.