Chapter 13

How stupid could I be, why would I even let him have a chance. A chance to break my heart into a thousand pieces, I sat in my room all day.

Crying,

You might think that me and Draco weren't a "couple" but it sure felt like that. Well at least to me.

I was sitting on my bed staring at the ceiling, until I heard a knock at the door. "Go away" I said to the person not even knowing who it is,

"Y/n it's me, Hermione" I didn't want to speak to her, or for her to see me like this. But she came in anyways, "hey what's wrong?" She said

I didn't say anything and just wiped my tears off my cheek. "It's Draco isn't it" she said then placing her arm around me for comfort,

I nodded  my head "he slept with Astoria" I said about to break down and cry again. I look up at Hermione and she looked mad, she got up and rushed to the door. "Hey where are you going?" I questioned

"Going to beat the kid up" she said the slamming the door behind her. I quick got up and chased after her,
"Hermione wait!!" I said running behind her.

She entered the get hall, and spotted him. "You, you foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!!" She said pulling out her wand and pointing towards him.

"Hermione stop!" I said when I finally caught up to her, and grab her wand. "Hey!" She said, Draco looked at me before I quickly looked away.
"Come on Hermione let's just go to class" I pulled her hand along to make her follow me.

Once we got to class I sat down beside Hermione, I looked across the room to see Draco. I think I could never forgive me ever again,

I did some class work, and finished my homework all in one class before leaving. I walked with Hermione to my dorm, "we'll see you tonight!" Hermione said all cheerful, I was confused.
"Tonight?" I said trying to figure out what she was trying to say,

"Please tell me you didn't forget the Yule ball!" Hermione said,
"Oh yeah, the Yule ball" I wasn't really excited anymore because I wasn't going with someone. I mean how stupid would it be if I showed up with no date.
Hermione started to walk away when I stopped her.

"Hermione wait!" She turned around to see my face,
"Do you want to get ready together?" I said and her face lit up with happiness.
She rushed into my dorm and set her stuff down.

We put on some makeup, I didn't really put a whole lot of makeup on just mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner and some blush. But I didn't over-do the makeup look,

Hermione went more for a natural look, with light blush, brown mascara, and a nude eyeshadow. Once we got out makeup we put on our dresses,
"I'm so excited for tonight!" Hermione said she turned to look at me and noticed something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" As she came closer to me, "not really, I'm going to show up at the Yule ball with no date" I said fixing my hair.
"But I thought you were going with-.......oh never mind, well you can always dance with me, Ron and Harry if you like" this why I like Hermione she always cared for others.

"Thanks Hermione" I said with a smile on my face.
"And hey you can come to the Weasley's house for Christmas with us too"
I loved going to the Weasley's for Christmas it was like they were my family. They cared for me like I was there own daughter.

"That would be lovely" I said,
Hermione smiled at me,
"Well come one let's go have some fun!" she grab my hand and pulled me all the way to the ball.
I saw Harry, Ron and Ginny at the bottom of the stairs. I looked over at Hermione I could let she was really happy.

"Lady's you look lovely" Harry said,
"Why thank you, but you look lovely yourself" I said back to him, and he just smiled.
Ron took Hermione's and Harry took Ginnys arms. Now I really felt lonely, I sat down watching everyone dance and having fun. I felt someone sit beside me, I turn to see who it was. Cedric.

"Hey, what are you doing here, why aren't you dancing?" He said.

"My date ditch me" I said

He looked at me and smiled.
"Well guess your in luck because the same thing happen to me" he put out his hand and led me to the dance floor.
"Wait what I thought you were going with Cho?"

"Not anymore, last second she ditch me for someone else."

"Oh I'm sorry Cedric"

"Don't be now I can be with you"I smiled at him,  I should of just gone with Cedric in the first place and none of this would of happened.

We dance together all night and laugh. While I was dancing with Cedric I tooled over his shoulder to see Draco dancing with Astoria. I was mad. I mean I know that we're not a thing anymore, but it was hard seeing him with someone else.

And I thought that Astoria was my best friend. Now I know that she was just toxic and so was he.