XXIV. Digging Trenches

DIGGING TRENCHES

2007 AD
5th March, 11:34 AM
Unknown

Jack had all but given up at this point, no matter how many stories he recalled, it only convinced Agatha more because 'Jack wouldn't pay attention to such little things', but he did. He did when it came to her, why couldn't she see that? Fortunately, however, Agatha wasn't so set on making him leave anymore, maybe she needed the company, or maybe she had just grown tiresome of the word 'move' - Jack knew he was, he wasn't even sure if it was a word anymore.

Either way, she allowed him to stay. Only speaking when spoken to. It was like he was back at square one, trying to pry her open again, (softly, might he add). ''Lovely weather today, isn't it?'' Yeah, he was beginning to run low on the ideas.

Agatha grunted, sparing a glance upwards. ''It sucks.''

Jack nodded, hand to his chin as he floated after her, legs not moving, like he was examining the place like some, uh, examiner. ''I suppose that's one way to put it. But if you look at it from a certain perspective, a certain angle,'' Jack flew upside down, palms spanning out to show off the woods. ''It's - nope, it still sucks. You were right.''

''I'm always right.''

''You're not about me being an hallucination.''

Agatha's gaze hardened again, all amusement leaving her eyes as her pace picked up slightly. ''I'm not having this conversation again.''

''But, Ags, I'm telling the truth. You just need to believe in me. Just talk to me about it, you'll see! I'm right here,'' Jack said, floating beside her, just in front so he could look back and attempt at eye-contact. ''I'm Jack, I'm not some weird hallucination-''

''Drop it,'' Agatha said and Jack's shoulders sagged, nodding silently as he span around to face the front once more. He was scared of what would happen if he pushed his luck too far. He wasn't sure what to do anymore.

''What if - What if I left and came back with the others?'' Now that, that was definitely pushed his luck. But it wasn't his luck with Agatha, it was with the Guardian's. He hadn't spoken or contacted them in months, who knew what they had to say to him - but it was for Agatha's sake, so he would risk it. He'd risk it all.

''Sure, bye.''

Well, that was straight to the point. Plastering on a fake smile, Jack laughed at her, ''You sure you won't miss me?''

''Quite sure, yeah.''

Jack nodded, trying not to wince before he shrugged. ''Well, if you're sure~'' He teased, dragging it out to see if she would react. She merely raised an eyebrow at him and he blushed slightly, clearing his throat before he took off, hesitating just above her. She moved her arm in a 'shoo' motion and he nodded, giving her a small salute before he moved upwards at full speed.

He would later find out that this was a horrible idea. The second he reached the very top canopies, his own energy and momentum was used against him, he bounded off something and headed straight back down, landing in the mud, groaning loudly.

His vision was slightly hazy, he had banged his head pretty bad. He blinked, clearing his eyesight and he could feel himself heat up when he saw Agatha looking down at him, he had landed right in front of her feet.

''Well, that was certainly amusing.'' She stepped over him and Jack smiled slightly - though it was embarrassing on his half, having Agatha not care about what he thought of her, (because she thought he was an hallucination, but again, not the point), was fun. She was way more open and slightly snarky. He liked it.