V. Kangaroo's Are Stupid

KANGAROO'S ARE STUPID

2007 AD

February 19th, 21:35

Scotland Moors

Agatha sighed as she laid down. Not on the ground, but on a surface of her beloved, black, swirling mist as it hovered a meter above the ground, moving across the fields slowly. Her hood was down and her hands were behind her head as she star-gazed, a smile on her face.

She was relaxed.

The moors were one of her favourite places to be. The lack of mortals, the lack of greenery - of living things. The cold wind, the weather. She loved it.

''You know, you're really hard to find.''

Agatha yelped, bolting upright, but the fog beneath her vanished and she hit the hard ground with a 'thud'. She groaned in pain. She remained laid on her back as she nervously tilted her head backwards to see a rather amused, and upside down, Jack Frost.

He had one hand stuffed in his hoodie's front pocket and the other held his staff that was lazily being held up by his shoulder. He smirked as he approached, crouching down a meter away from her. He tilted his head, trying to get it to go upside down so he could see her right-way up.

Agatha gasped, rolling over and scrambling to her feet. She cleared her throat as she put her hands behind her back as she straightened out. Jack seemed to be holding back a chuckle as he stood up, keeping the distance between them, he didn't want to make her uncomfortable or any more nervous than she already was.

''You were, um, you, uh, you were looking for me?'' She asked, tilting her head forward when she struggled to her a word out, as if it would help her speak.

'''Course I was,'' He said, smirking at her.

''Um, why?'' She asked, bashfully looking up at him.

''Well,'' He started as he began to think. ''You're nothing like I imagined you'd be.''

Agatha lowered her hands as she took an unconscious step forward, curious. ''How so?''

''Well, for starters, you're a girl,'' He said, smiling as she rolled her eyes. ''And you look around my age.''

''How old are you?''

''479,'' He said, smirking as if he expected her to be shocked.

''That it?'' She rose an eyebrow, amused.

''What do you mean, 'is that it'! You can't be that old. I never actually knew you were a real spirit until a few days ago!''

''Yeah, well, I like to keep to myself,'' She mumbled, looking down before she glanced up and tried to make her voice louder. ''I've actually been around since 55 BC.''

''Holy-'' He cut himself off as his eyebrows raised up in surprise. He quickly regained composure as he gestured to her, smirking once again, ''Well, you don't look a day over 1,000.''

Agatha found herself giggling, ''Thank you, I think.''

Jack smiled before is expression faltered. He sighed as his brows furrowed, he looked down before looking back up, his expression now of slight seriousness. ''Look, about what Bunny said-''

''It's fine,'' Agatha cut him off.

''No,'' He said sternly, slightly narrowing his eyes at her. But he stopped when he saw her flinch. ''No it's not.'' Agatha sighed but she didn't interrupt him this time. ''None of them even knew you spoke, never mind that you were human - Well,'' He leaned forward as if trying to stop people from hearing him, but there was no one around. He used his fingers to create air-quotation marks for the next word. '''Human'. So if they know nothing about you, how would they know what you did?''