XX. Jack's Departure

JACK'S DEPARTURE

2007 AD
26th February
North Pole

''Come on Guardians, think,'' North said, crossing his arms as he glanced up at the globe, staring at it in wonder. Agatha could be anywhere.

''You think we aren't?'' Bunny laughed. ''We've thought of everything, checked everywhere!'' Sandman began counting on his fingers for every place Bunny listed: ''The catacombs, abandoned churches, caves, Mount Vesuvius, every single bloody cave we know off - and no sign of Pitch! Hell, we even checked where he held Jack for those few minutes and he wasn't there!''

''Bunny, calm down,'' Tooth said, flying forwards, putting her hands up to stop him from advancing towards North anymore, her wings fluttering nervously. She looked in between the bunny and North, ''We're all very stressed right now, but we're doing the best we can, okay? And-''

''Are we?'' Jack asked. For the past fifteen minutes, he had been sitting against a railing that stopped people from touching the globe as he stared up at it. Now, he had jumped off, revealing frost patterns he had unconsciously made out of worry, and was now advancing on the others, staff in one hand and an angry expression on his face. ''Because last I remember, none of you even wanted her hear!''

Bunny rolled his eyes, turning away from Tooth to cross his arms at Jack. ''Come on now, mate, we've been hear for days, clearly we-''

''I don't care how long you've been here for! Especially you,'' Jack floated into the air slightly to reach Bunny's height, pointing a finger in Bunny's face accusingly. ''You wanted her gone the most, you're not allowed to give your opinion! We've defeated Pitch without her before, I know that's what you're all thinking! I know! Maybe we can carry on without her, right?''

He paused, catching his breath, his throat starting to itch from the volume of which he just spoke at.

There was a few moments of awkward silence whilst the guardians exchanged glances

''Jack, Agatha is a clever girl,'' North said, stepping forward calmly. ''We know you care deeply for her, but right now we need to consider what the world needs of us. And right now, it is to stop Pitch. World doesn't care if Agatha is there or not. We can find her later, once everyone is safe.''

''But everyone won't be safe until we find her,'' Jack argued, his brows furrowing in frustration. ''Agatha could be in so much pain right now, and none of you even care! She could be, she could be - it doesn't matter what she could be! Because there's a chance that she's sitting somewhere, waiting for us, and we aren't coming.''

Tooth fluttered forward, her head tilted in sympathy as she placed a hand on Jack's shoulder. ''Jack, you're not listening to us-''

Jack shook his head furiously. ''No, you're the ones who aren't listening.'' He looked at Tooth's hand in disgust before stepping back and shrugging it off. ''You agree, don't you Sandy?''

The little golden man looked around awkwardly, blowing up his cheeks before letting out his breath, looking up at Jack and shrugging, his hands gesturing towards the right side of the brainstorming table, where Bunny and North stood confidently.

''You guys are some guardians,'' Jack shook his head. ''Can't even save one of your own.''

Jack spun on his feel, kicking off into a flight, leaving a cold gust of wind to push the guardians off of their feet as he took his dramatic leave.

Hey, guys, I'm back!
This is extremely short but it's only because I want to let you guys that I'm back in business! I've plotted out the whole book and I've figured out Pitch's motivation and everything.

Thank you all so much for the support! <3