XI. Amatus

AMATUS

2007 AD

21st February, 10:30

North Pole

Agatha was calmly walking down the halls. Her hands were fiddling with each other - a bad habit of hers - and her large sleeves completely covered them. Her feet were also covered by her cloak, causing it to look like she was gliding across the floor.

And her hood was up, once again shadowing her face, as she purposefully covered her anxious expression.

She was still trying to process yesterday's events. No - not process. She knew what happened, she didn't believe it to be a dream or make-believe. It happened, she knew this. What she didn't know was why.

She supposed it was because she had saved Sandy's life - or rather, gave it back to him. But that had come with consequences. If she was to do it again, the outcome would be horrific. The Guardian's didn't expect her to do that for all of them, did they? It wasn't her place to give life, and it wasn't something she wanted to do. They wouldn't ask her to revive one of them if the time comes, right?

And if they did, surely they would understand if she was to tell them she couldn't.

She wouldn't be letting them down, would she?

What if the only reason as to her being able to stay, being able to be apart of the team, being able to help, was because of this? If she  couldn't, she'd be thrown out - again.

No, Jack was her friend before he even knew, he wouldn't do that to her.

But what if he did?

Or what if they only let her on board was to pay off a debt? What if-

Jeez, you still like your 'what ifs', huh?

The brief voice in her mind sounded like a lost memory, one she had almost forgotten about. But Agatha knew better. So, with a small smile, she entered the next room she came upon - the library - did a quick scan to make sure it was empty before settling herself on the windowsill as she clapped, a mirror appearing before her.

Her left side was pressed against the window that overlooked a white wasteland. Her back was against the wall, her feet opposite her - her knees having to bend in order for her to be able to lie on the window sill.

She smiled at the mirror, at the moment it only reflected what was behind her - her reflection not being there - the sides had intricate black patterns, like someone had frozen her mist to the sides and used it as a frame. She leaned it against her thighs, as she took a hood down, before whispering the name of the voice's owner.

''Cupid.''

The word barely left her lips. It had come out in a whisper, her voice cracking slightly as the word hadn't been spoken by her in quite some time. The single word echoed around the room.

''Amatus Cupid,'' She said his full name with a hint of excitement.

The reflection rippled and it stopped being a mirror and started being a 'portal'. You could see either sides, but you could not go through.

A charming face appeared on the surface. His blonde hair was tinted pink, especially at the roots and his eyes were a bright pink. His jawline, strong, and his smirk, friendly, welcoming.

''Hey, Miss Death Eater,'' He said, winking playfully as he gave a two-fingered salute.

''Oh? You can read?'' Agatha asked, struggling to keep her smile off her face, though it came out as playful - like she had intended to - it was out of slight curiosity. 'Harry Potter' had been written in modern times, the only thing Agatha could read and write was Latin, and even that was rusty.