III. Pretty Name

PRETTY NAME

2007 AD

February 18th, 09:00

Middle England

The girl sat in her home.

If you could even call it that.

It was a cave in the forest she had first woken up in. Her first day on Earth hadn't been the best and she had been guided by the dead trees into it.

The only time she actually visited the cave was during Autumn and Winter, the green trees often scared her off during the other two seasons and, right now, she was preparing to not come back for a while.

There were little fairies inside the cave. She had created her helpers, her idea later taken on by the Tooth Fairy and Cupid. They were a like the Tooth Fairy's, except the nose was a lot smaller and they were shades of black and grey, not green and yellow. And instead of fairy wings, they had small, black bird wings.

Where the Tooth Fairies are meant to resemble tropical birds, hers were meant to resemble crows and that was what the eye of the living would see.

They helped her. She couldn't be everywhere at once, so the were there for her. They could open the portals and give the dead a mirror. Even better, they could pass between the worlds whenever they wanted and often carried her messages to the dead.

They all fluttered around her, knowing she was leaving. 

One in particular clung to her side.

''Noir, you can't come,'' the girl said, gently pushing the creature away. The small crow's wings thudded to show their frustration. The girl had taken it upon herself to name them all, it had taken years to remember them and tell them apart, but she had learned. But Noir was definitely her favourite. He was like a loyal cat and refused to leave her side, he was her rock. Pretty sad, right?

''No,'' She giggled when he began to nuzzle into her cheek. She grabbed a ring. It had a skull on it. She rarely wore it, it would turn her into a skeletal figure when she kissed it and would maximise her power, but she no longer had use for it. She had defeated Pitch Black long ago, and now there were Guardians to do it for her.

She wiggled her fingers, the familiar feeling of it was calming.

She also grabbed a necklace, it was a simple chain that had the Yin side of Yin and Yang. She wondered where the white side, the Yang, was.

She placed it on, tucking it under her cloak and out of sight.

She turned around, instantly met with an angry looking Noir.

''No,'' She said, softly shaking her head. Noir seemed to pout as he crossed his stubby arms. She found herself laughing at him. ''Maybe later, okay?'' He nodded at that before nuzzling her cheek one more time and leaving to help the others do their jobs.

She walked over to the entrance/exit of the cave. She looked out, seeing the once friendly trees growing leaves and no longer looking at her in the same way.

She gulped, turning around one last time as she watched her little creations fly around, some leaving some coming, some organising, some changing files, some watching funerals being planned, some entering the other world.

She shook her head, stopping her self from day dreaming as she left her home, not to come back for another two seasons.

The girl flew into a random city, her instinct telling her to be there.