Chapter 4: First Meeting with the Film Emperor (1)

In the next second, she heard a rumble. It came from the stomach of the chubby little baby.

Dudu looked at her innocently. “Hungwy…I’m hungwy.”

Defeated, Ye Fan carried Dudu to the kitchen.

Since the original Ye Fan didn’t know how to cook, the kitchen was very clean. Only the nanny would cook when she came around. The nanny had been sick recently and took these few days off, so the original Ye Fan had just been neglecting to feed the child.

Ye Fan touched Dudu’s slightly shrunken chubby belly and said in a warm voice, “Why don’t we go out for food?”

Dudu’s face beamed with excitement. “Yea! I wanna eat!”

Ye Fan was worried about the child going hungry so, after grabbing her wallet and phone from the sofa, she carried the child out.

Fortunately, there happened to be a children’s restaurant not far from home.

Ye Fan carried Dudu all the way there, but the weight of a child wasn’t exactly light.

After a while, Ye Fan’s arm began to feel a little numb.

She put Dudu down on the floor and took his hand instead.

Ye Fan leaned down and said, “Can you walk by yourself, Dudu?”

Dudu did not complain in the slightest and took up Ye Fan’s hand.

With a face full of seriousness, he said in a sweet child’s voice, “I can.”

Ye Fan wasn’t too sure what a toddler could eat either, so she just ordered a few dishes that were easy to digest.

She decided she will have to check out some recipes online to find something she could make at home.

She couldn’t just bring her child outside to eat every day, right?

When the waitress led Ye Fan to her seat, she ended up staring at them for just a short moment because of how good-looking the two of them were.

She passed her the menu. “Your baby is so adorable.”

She had already been working here for a long time, but this was the first time she saw this beautiful mother and child pair.

Ye Fan was stunned. Then, she smiled while accepting the menu.

It was still fine when she didn’t smile, but with that, Ye Fan’s fine features instantly turned so bright that it was dazzling.

And she just had to be born with a beautiful set of eyes too. When she looked at people, there seemed to be a glimmer in their depths.

The waitress was stunned. Clearly, this woman in front of her did not wear any makeup, but she had such delicate skin with features that were even prettier than any star on TV.

Ye Fan thanked her and took the menu.

Then, the food she ordered soon came.

Ye Fan ordered a steamed egg cake with chestnut as well as a bowl of apple oatmeal for the baby.

Dudu did not hold his spoon very well so food would drip onto his clothes, so Ye Fan decided to just feed him spoon after spoon. Only after Dudu finished eating did she casually ate a bit.

After that, Ye Fan carried Dudu home. When they reached home, Dudu had already fallen asleep in her arms. She lightly set him down on the bed and, after laying down at his side, fell asleep herself.

Though Dudu was a sensible child, raising a child was still tiring, especially for Ye Fan who had never taken care of any before.

The next day, Ye Fan had the nanny take care of Dudu while she headed to the studio. On the way there, she sorted out all the memories in her mind of the TV series they were going to film.

The TV series she would be participating in was called “Lurking in the Bund”. It was the story of a pair of special agents working undercover in Shanghai. The identity of the protagonist and the heroine was that of a fake married couple that appeared intimate on the surface but worked flawlessly at their task.

During the course of their mission, love eventually bloomed between the two agents. They went through hardships together and finally obtained the important document, Japan No.76, and completed the mission.

In recent years, several spy movies have been a big hit in the country, and all the major film and television companies have invested in them. “Lurking in the Bund” is one of such series raking in the highest amount in investments.

Director Wu was the most famous man in his field of TV series directing and has won many big awards in his career. The leading actress is the darling young actress, Tang Jin. She had a very strong background and a great reputation in the industry.

Tang Jin and Mr. Popular Duan Qi’s relationship was also a hot topic. With their impressive appearance, the fans couldn’t stop raving about it when their relationship went public. They nearly became the nation’s most loved couple.