Ch.14 Face-slapping Begins by Cancelling the Adoptive Mother's Card (3)

Ye Fan’s voice was cold. “Mom, I am the one responsible for the living expenses of the family and my sister’s tuition.”

“I was busy with work earlier, but you called to tell me to come out shopping with you so I could hold your stuff and just hung up before I could even explain.”

“So, I had to push away my work just to come here.”

Ye Fan was already very beautiful. So, when she said these words now, everyone around her felt aggrieved for her sake.

When put in comparison to Nie Weiru’s aggressive appearance, the contrast was obvious.

When they heard Ye Fan’s words, all the onlookers immediately understood the details. You could tell at first glance that the daughter was a sensible girl, but the mother was not so understanding.

Nie Weiru was a little stunned. She never expected Ye Fan to respond in this way.

Usually, Ye Fan would just remain silent whenever she said those things to her. She would never talk back to her like she did now.

The people around them all casted a bad look at her, which instantly made Nie Wiru feel embarrassed. She made up an excuse and said, “Alright, alright. Let’s go now that you’re here.”

Nie Weiru stood up immediately and headed for the clothing store at a hasty pace.

She stopped right in front of a clothing store. There was a signboard with Tang Jin on it right at the entrance.

Her feet stopped and her gaze stopped on it for a while before she turned and left.

Nie Weiru was pissed just moments before, but her temper suddenly subsided. Her biological daughter, Tang Jin, was now a young lady living in luxury.

She had been pampered from a young age, and her road to stardom had been an easy ride since she entered the entertainment industry, and she enjoyed great fame.

Nie Weiru smiled, gratified. Her daughter was living a good life.

It was fortunate that she made that bold decision back then and swapped out the Tang family’s only and beloved daughter. She didn’t ask for anything more either. Just being able to see her daughter on TV often was good enough.

Even though Nie Weiru’s gaze had only stopped on the board for a short time, Ye Fan still noticed it, and a look of ridicule emerged in her eyes.

While Nie Weiru was trying on clothes, Ye Fan rested on the side. She did not go up to Nie Weiru like the original Ye Fan would to flatter her in order to obtain familial affection that never belonged to her.

The only thing that could be heard in the shop was the non-stop voices of sales staff introducing their products.

When the salesgirl saw Nie Weiru enter, she immediately scanned her clothes up and down. She instantly recognized the brands, and they were all big names. So, the smile on her face deepened.

Nie Weiru flipped through the clothes one by one and checked them over herself in the mirror. If she thought they looked good, then she would try them out in the changing room.

However, something felt missing.

That’s right. Ye Fan always followed her attentively, but she was sitting there now and not moving. She did not know what was wrong with Ye Fan today, she kept going against her on everything.

In the end, Nie Weiru tried on over a dozen clothes and picked out a few to be checked out.

The salesgirl was very happy and brought Nie Weiru to the cashier. Thinking that she was just about to earn a good commission, the smile on her face beamed earnestly.

Nie Weiru did not feel bad about spending Ye Fan’s money at all. After raising this cheap daughter for so many years, Ye Fan should show her some respect.

Ye Fan stood up leisurely and headed for the counter.

Nie Weiru would always use the original Ye Fan’s credit card as her own anywhere she could. However, whether the card could be used right now was undetermined.

She suddenly felt a little giddy. She wanted to know what kind of face Nie Weiru would put on when her card is refused.

Nie Weiru had already passed over the card to the cashier, and the salesgirl accepted it with a smile.

After a few seconds, the expression on the girl’s face turned ugly. She tried her best to look normal and said, “Madam, this card has been suspended, do you have any other…”

Nie Weiru’s face sank. “How is that possible?” She pulled out several other credit cards from her purse. Of course, they were all under Ye Fan’s name.

She passed her the cards and said, “Try these as well.”

Ye Fan stood there and watched with a calm expression. It was useless no matter how many credit cards Nie Weiru took out.

If she manages to find even one working card, then she’ll accept it as her loss.