Ch.15 This Girl Matches He Han Quite Well (1)

As expected, the salesgirl’s face was dark. “Sorry, none of these cards can be used.”

Nie Weiru cared about how others perceived her the most, so this was enough to embarrass her. Not to mention, there were many customers in the store just now.

Right now, everyone was watching her like a sideshow, making her even angrier.

Nie Weiru turned around to look at Ye Fan and said unhappily, “The card is yours, there’s no way you wouldn’t know why it’s not working all of a sudden.”

Nie Weiru was already blaming Ye Fan in her heart. Ye Fan wasn’t her daughter and she had already been caring for her for so many years.

And now, it was Ye Fan who was putting her in such an embarrassing situation.

Nie Weiru was even making the implication that Ye Fan should pay for all of her clothes.

Ye Fan sneered at her in her heart, but her face was unmoved.

“Mom, I’ve never used those cards in my life, you’ve always been keeping them so I have no idea why they’re not working.”

Then, Ye Fan said, “What’s more, I transfer all the money I earn to you and sister’s bank accounts as soon as I get them. I don’t have that much money right now.”

Nie Weiru could feel her anger getting stuck at her throat, but she could not refute her since people were already pointing fingers at her because nothing Ye Fan said was false.

She was beginning to feel that things were not in her control anymore.

Earlier, when Nie Weiru was trying on the clothes, she had stained several of the clothes with her foundation. Since she figured she was going to buy them anyway, she didn’t care much about it, but now it was making it hard for her to step away.

Right now, the only thing Nie Weiru could do was to take out her own credit card. She had always been spending Ye Fan’s money so she had never actually used her own card after applying for one.

The corners of Ye Fan’s lips curved up into a mocking smile. Nie Weiru was finally willing to spend her own money. Would she have ever expected this day to come when she exploited the original Ye Fan like that?

“Use this one.” Nie Weiru’s face was dark as she handed over her own card.

The salesgirl quickly accepted it. From the conversation she heard between Nie Weiru and Ye Fan, she could pretty much understand the relationship between the two.

Before Nie Weiru could regret it, she quickly set up the bill and swiped her card.

Nie Weiru looked at the bill in her hand and felt her heart sink. She glared at Ye Fan and her face distorted. Ye Fan truly was a plague in her life.

But Ye Fan did not take Nie Weiru’s reaction to heart.

Nie Weiru never was fond of her, so why should she cater to her?

Nie Weiru had just spent all that money for nothing and was pissed about it, so she never said a single word to Ye Fan the whole way home.

She knew that Ye Fan had been starving for love since she was young. If she gave her the cold treatment, then Ye Fan will definitely turn back to her.

But if Ye Fan knew she thought this way, she would only mock her for overthinking.

The original Ye Fan had already been swapped out long ago. There’s no way she would put on a fake play for her.

Ye Fan just told Nie Weiru she was busy and hailed a cab to leave.

Now, Nie Weiru was left to carry her bags by herself, and she stood by the road with gritted teeth.

A few days ago, the assistant director for “Lurking in the Bund” gave Ye Fan a call to tell her about the finalization for her role as the dancer.

Ye Fan had to head over to the office today to sign the contract. She received a portion of the payment today, and the rest would be transferred to her after filming ends.

When she saw the extra money in her bank account, Ye Fan felt a lot better. She still hasn’t found any other way to make money as of yet.

Now that she had some more money, it was not much, but it will be able to support her for a while.

After coming out from the office, Ye Fan was all smiles. Usually, she had a cool look at her eyes, but that warmed up considerably with her smile.

Many people turned around to look at her. When they saw Ye Fan stepping out of the entertainment company with a natural look on the face, all of them thought that Ye Fan must be a semi-famous star.