Keeping in touch

The summer was going by, your new house now had been decorated and refurbished. It was homely and cosy, very different to your old house. You kept the rustic home feeling to it.

Fred and you were starting to get back to as much of a normal as possible. You had been down to Diagon alley and bought yourself a Tawny Owl for writing letters to people. You had been frequently writing to Angelina, Adrian, Lee, George, Fred while also checking up on Harry once in a while.

You also had taken your apparition test and passed it with flying colours, along with the rest of your friends. You were enjoying living on your own in a way. It was different, a good different. You were finally in a place that was your home and didn't feel restricted within the walls of it.

Reflecting on your decision to distance yourself physically with Fred seemed like one of the best decisions you had ever made. You felt more like things were normal with him again, and you couldn't wait to see him.

Y/n,
I will be apparating to pick you up on Friday. I know you were meant to be travelling to the Burrow but we aren't staying there at the moment. I'll explain everything closer to the time.

Yours truly,
Fred x

You held the paper and felt confused, why would they not be at their own home? Where am I going? It was now Wednesday, so you had a couple of days to wait for them and find out. You already had your trunk packed. Since it was your last year you were going to make sure you or as many pictures with your camera as possible and store them in a book.

You still missed Cedric everyday, not a day went passed when you didn't. But you had grieved him. You now understood he wasn't going to come back. 

Over the summer you were realising you started to look a lot more like a woman instead of a teenager, you still had a little bit of developing to go, but it was enough for you to notice.

Friday arrived. You had your trunk by your couch, along with your owl inside a cage. It was your plan to let him sit in the owlery over the course of the year, allowing him to fly in and out of the castle whenever he pleased.

While waiting you watched a little bit of television. You bought yourself a TV as soon as you heard about them. It was so fascinating to you, and kept you entertained for hours.

Someone knocked on your door. You stood up and looked out the front window, you couldn't see anyone but you went to the door anyways.

"Fred?" You said looking up at the boy in front of you.

"Hey y/n." You pulled him in for a long hug, you retracted slowly and caught yourself staring into his eyes for a little too long.

"So, I see you've made yourself comfortable here then." He said walking round a little.

"Why have you cut your hair?" You asked.

"Mum made me, I don't mind it though, the long hair was getting quite annoying. Plus I look way older now." He stated.

"I mean I guess." You already somewhat missed his long hair, but it was true he did look a lot older.

"So are you ready to go?" He asked picking up your trunks.

You turned off your tv at the wall and locked your front door, "yep." You grabbed your owl and Fred's arm as you apparated outside of some buildings.

"Where are we?" The buildings began to separate.

"12 Grimmuld Place." You watched as a new building formed, Fred helped you carry all your stuff inside.

"Was that them?" You heard George ask, followed by footsteps. He stood in front of you.