Chapter 1- Luciana

"Beep beep beep," I let out an audible sigh as I reach to turn off my alarm. One more year. Five more months. I quickly shower and pull on my top and a pair of blue jeans before grabbing my books, shades, and breakfast. I yell a quick goodbye to my parents before racing out the door.

"Hello Luciana, how are you dearie?" Mrs. Stanton the older lady from next door greets with a friendly wave and smile as her and Duke, her Bassett Hound begin their daily walk.

"Morning ma'am." I answer unlocking the old truck. And tossing my books in before starting it. I quickly pulling out of the driveway and down to West Regions High.

"Morning Luce," my best friend Cassidy greets tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder as three of the football players walk by. I roll my eyes at her actions and open my locker.

"Morning Cass." I reply switching out my textbooks for my first period class.

"Hey cutie. Wanna go out on a date?" Some jock asks looking at me expectantly.

"Thanks. But no thanks." I answer with a polite smile. "I'm going to be late, if you'll excuse me." I give him a polite nod before heading off to class.

Leaving Cassidy and Mr. Jock to their own devices.

I take my seat pulling out my class supplies and wait for the bell. I pull out my book and begin reading.

"Is this seat taken?" An unfamiliar voice asks. Without looking up I shake my head. "Thanks, I'm Ashton Blake." I shift my eyes to catch a glimps of him.

"Luciana Sterling." I reply going back to my book.

"Good book?" Ashton asks.

"As a matter a fact." I reply as the bell rings signaling the beginning of class. I sigh putting my book down and prepare for a long class about the square of mc and all kinds of stuff I really won't ever need to know.