Chapter 2- Ashton

"Ash, come on dear, you can't be late on your first day." My mother calls to me from my bedroom door.

"I'm up!" I call back throwing off the blankets and quickly grabbing my clothes before throwing them on the counter in the bathroom and starting a quick shower to wake up.

I head down to the kitchen to grab my books and sit for a quick breakfast my mom cooked. "Are you ready?" She asks me.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask her. "Cuz if I do. I'll take the not going."

"I'll see you when you get home." She says, "try to make some friends, your father won't be moving much for the next few years."

"A few years too late don't you think mom?" I ask as I walk out the door.

~

"Hey there stranger." All of the girls greet me. I just nod politely and bypass them. Finally I make it to my physics class and see a girl with her nose buried in her book.

"Is this seat taken?" I ask her, she shakes her head not looking up from her book. "I'm Ashton Blake." I introduce myself as I take the seat next to hers.

"Luciana Sterling." She answers.

"Good book?" I ask her.

"As a matter of fact." She answers as the class bell rings. She lets out a small sigh and marks her page. Luciana Sterling. Challenge accepted.