Chapter 23- Luciana

I sit quietly nibbling on the food, I was excited to eat, but now my appetite is basically gone. 

"Who was that guy?" Ashton asks me.

"Ask me again tomorrow when he's not around." I answer him not looking up from the plate in front of me. "I'm not very hungry anymore." I push back the plate to finalize my decision. "Could we get a box?"

"Yeah, sure." He answers flagging over a waiter to have our meals boxed and the check brought out. I move back to curl up next to him without saying a word. I just need to be close to someone right now. He wraps his arm around me and presses a gentle kiss to my head. "Are you going to be okay?" I say nothing only presses closer to him resting her cheek on his shoulder. I'm not really much for PDA, but right now, I just don't want to feel alone. Call me clingy all you want, but I just want some reassurance he's there. He makes quick work of covering the bill and tipping the waiter before gathering our things and leading me back to the car. He puts the food in the trunk and open my door for me. I give him a grateful smile.

"Thanks." I tell him softly sitting down and buckling up. He quickly rounds the car and gets in starting the car, chancing a glance at me as he drives toward my house. He pulls off to the side of the road and unbuckles. I don't really know why.

"Luce." His voice is caring, and firm, but I just don't want to say anything. "I just want to help."

"You can't change what happened." I tell him not looking at him. "Just take me home."

"You will talk to me about this eventually won't you?" He asks me hopefully.

"Soon, but I must talk to my parents, now." I tell him, and I intend to talk to him. Soon. "Please Ashton."

"Very well." He nods and buckles back in taking the road to the neighborhood. He parks at his house as he always does after a date, and we both get out and walk to my house after putting his food in the fridge. He carries my to-go box in one hand and wrap his arm securely around me with the other. I lean against him as we walk to my house.

"Thank you." I tell him as we reach the familiar front door. "It was a beautiful restaurant." I admit, leaving out the part when I was totally miserable because of the waiter. I kiss his cheek softly and take my to-go box inside. "I'll call you tomorrow." I give him one more smile before opening the door and walking in. I lock the door before watching him walk away through the window.

"Mama, Daddy." I call into the big house, "I'm home."

"Lucy dear." My mother greets warmly wrapping me into a hug. I try to keep the tears at bay so I can talk without them knowing.

"How was the restaurant Sweetheart?" My father asks. "Did you have a nice time?"

"He was there." I tell them as we head to the living room. I curl up on the couch my father taking his seat in the armchair. My mother sits next to me.

"Who was there dear?" My mother asks.

"Lyndon." I tell them. My father's face hardens and my mother holds back a gasp. She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tight.

"What was he doing there?" My father asks, his voice strained and angry.

"I don't know Daddy." I admit. "I feel bad, I probably ruined the date for Ashton."

"You didn't tell him?" My mother asks.

"I couldn't." I admit, "I was so upset and shocked. I had to talk to you first."

"You need to tell him." My mother tells me gently. She strokes my hair and soothes me.

"I will. Tomorrow." I promise them.

"Get some sleep sweetheart." My father tells me. I nod and hug him. He presses a kiss to my forehead and I head up to get some sleep. I lay in bed restless for hours until a fitful night sleep finally washes over me.

~~

I wake to the sun streaming in my window. I sigh and let out a yawn. I dozed off around midnight. It's only been about 7 hours. I get ready trying to stall for as much time as I can. Finally after finishing getting ready, it was time for the inevitable. I dial the familiar number and listen to it ringing. I know I'm waking him.

"Luce?" His groggy morning voice asks from the other end. I can imagine him fixing his hair and standing by his desk trying to wake up.

"Can we talk?" I ask him urgently.

"Where?" He asks sounding more awake.

"Bookstore." I tell him. That's become our safe haven. And it doesn't hurt that I have a key.

"I'll be there in five minutes." He tells me.

"I'll be waiting." I agree

I hang up and head out the door of the house leaving a note to my parents. Time to finish our Truth game.