Chapter 10- Luciana

"Hey, Jonathan, wanna hang out?" I ask him over the phone after Ashton left with a few girls.

"Got ditched again huh?" He asks over the phone. "Where are you this time?"

"The chocolate shoppe," I sigh sitting at the bench. Ashton is off with some blonde girl wearing a dress that could pass as a belt.

"Give me two minutes, I'm right around the corner," Jonathan says, "I see you." He says, I look around and see his signature leather jacket. I smile and make my way to him.

"Thank you." I tell him as we exchange hugs. "You'd think my parents would stop making me hang out with him."

"No problem, love spending time with you," he answers taking my hand as we make our way around the small town. "What was she like this time?"

"Tall blonde toothpick wearing a belt." I tell him. All he does is laugh. "What's so funny, I could use a laugh."

"Tall blonde toothpick wearing a belt." Jonathan says, "That describes every girl in this town except you. You're too dignified to dance around in a belt."

"Wouldn't be caught dead in a dressing room just trying one on." I agree. "What do you want to do?"

"I have a few errands to run for my mom," Jonathan says, "Wanna help?"

"Absolutely. Any things better than waiting here."

"Well, my fair lady, let us be off."

Jonathan and I head into the town to shop. The first shop I went to with him, if you can imagine, a florist. Then a few clothing department stores. For Jonathan.

"I thought this shopping trip was for your mom. Not you."

"If I had told you we were going clothes shopping for me because my mom told me to would you have come?"

"Yeah, I would've."

"You were that bored?"

"You're just that much fun to be around."

"Oh, Ashton isn't she adorable!" A pitchy voice screeches. I look up and see belted blonde with Ashton. They're looking at puppies. He's allergic. "Let's go inside." She drags him inside before he can protest.

"He's allergic to animal fur," I tell Jonathan. "He'll never survive in there."

"How do you know?" Jonathan asks curiously as we walk in the shop to save Ashton.

"He told me during Truth."

"How do you play?"

"It's like truth or dare, minus the dare. It's a good way to get to know someone beyond surface level."

"Welcome to Peter's Pet Palace. I'm peter, can I help you today?" I see someone in a blue uniform.

"We're just-" Jonathan starts

Achooo!

"My friend is in here with a girl, he's terribly allergic to animal fur. I just came to see if he's okay, the girl doesn't know he's-" I begin

Thud.

"HELP!!!" The same pitchy scream from before cries.

"I'll make sure he's taken care of, thank you." The employee says. "Anything else?"

"No, thank you though." I tel him. Jonathan takes my hand again and we walk out of the shop to the clothes stores on his mother's list.

"You've got fashion sense right?" He asks me.

"Uh, maybe?" I ask.

"I guess we'll find out." He says as we begin the clothing journey of the day.

"Try this." I tell him handing him a pair of dark wash jeans and a button down then his leather jacket. I look through the shoe section for a pair of combat boots. "And these."

"Are you sure?" He asks taking everything into the dressing room. "This looks a little odd for me."

"Just try it for me?" I ask him through the door.

"Just for you." He says.

"Come on, let me see you!" I call over the door. I hear him sigh, "I'm sure you look handsome."

He steps out uncomfortably fixing his collar. He'd buttoned all the buttons. "Suffocating for looks not really me." He says.

I walk over toward him and unbutton the top button and fix the collar. "You look handsome." I tell him. "That jacket really does go with anything."

"You think so?" He asks tugging at the collar.

"Why don't we try a polo instead of the button up?" He agrees and I find something else.

After a few more types of shirts he finds one he likes. He grabs on in every color imaginable, I put my foot down when he picked up a pink one. Long and short sleeves. He went back to the button up, he found a liking for plaid. So all the plaid was bought out by him.

"So, are you busy on Friday?" Jonathan asks me. "Cuz, if your free..."

"There's a new fairy tale film coming out, wanna go to the theatre with me to see it?" I ask him. He sighs and visibly relaxes.

"Love to. We could meet up and have dinner before." He says.

"Great, I can't wait!" I try to contain my excitement. But I can't stop my smile.

"Pick you up at 530? Movie at 7?" He offers.

"That sounds perfect," I tell him as we walk out of the store. He grins as he takes my hand lacing our fingers together. We walk around the shops a bit more before he drops me back off at the chocolate shoppe. Ashton already sits at the entrance on the ground locking lips with the girl from earlier. "Looks like someone recovers quickly." I mumble. Jonathan pulls me closer, I wrap my other arm around his still holding his hand. He squeezes my hand.

"I can take you home." He says. "The car's right around back."

"Please. You can come see Canada." I tell him. "My dog, she's hypoallergenic. She's a collie husky mix. She's so adorable, you'll love her!"

"Okay, what are we waiting for," he asks we both make our way to his father's red jeep wrangler. He opens my door for me before rounding the car and hopping in.

"Canada!" I call into the house. A few moments later the small puppy scampers into view, "Hi sweetheart." I greet her as I scoop her up. Jonathan scratches her head.

"Hon, is that you?" My father calls from his office.

"Yes Daddy, it's me!" I call back. "I brought John with me," I tell him. "We're going to watch tv in the basement"

"Your mother should be back soon," he says, "she'll want to know about Ashton."

"So would I." I mumble. "So would I." Jonathan and I head into the basement with Canada.

"Pick a theme." He tells me.

"No, pretty sure it's your turn." I tell him.

Brrring! Brrring!

"I have to answer this, but when I come back, we'll watch your theme." I pick up my phone heading into the basement bedroom. I look at the caller ID and sigh. After it rings one more time I take a deep breath. "Hello?"