Chapter 6- Ashton

The rain is pouring down, but nothing could dampen my chipper mood. It took about a month to gain enough assurance I wouldn't be moving anytime soon, so I finally tried to settle in, I knew just who to go for to do it.

"I have plans Friday night, but if your so excited you go." She says.

"I can't, I already have a date!" her friend says, "Please!"

"I can't bail on the kids." She says apologetically, "I made a promise."

She walks off, I begin to make my way over to her, to see if I can't make other plans. Another guy beats me to it, she smiles politely at first, but slowly the smile turns real.

They're too far away for me to hear the conversation, but I see them exchange phones, which can only mean they've hit it off. She heads into our class, where I not only will have to endure E=MC^2. But the fact the person I was counting on to show me the town probably has plans Friday and Saturday. As well as a boyfriend by now.

"Ashton, hi!" She greets me with a smile, "How are you?"

"Fine." I mumble pulling out my books, "Just fine."

"Wanna hang out this weekend? My parents are taking me to a carnival, you and your parents should come."

"Sure," I reply as class begins, Luciana goes to her studious self. "So, who was that guy you were talking with in the hall?" I can't help myself from asking.

"Jonathan Pembroke." She answers, "Someone Cassidy set me up with to go to a game, I told him I couldn't because of the kids retreat, he offered to help. So we're meeting up at the church."

"Oh, cool." I respond. "So, I was hoping you wouldn't be busy is weekend 'cause I need a tour guide. But maybe next weekend?"

"Carnival doesn't start till the evening, I'll show you around in the morning and take you to one of the best lunch places ever."

"Sounds great."

"Mr. Blake, Ms. Sterling," the teacher, I forget her name snaps us out of our conversation. "Pay attention please."

After class-

"So I'll swing around by 930." She tells me she writes something on a small piece of blue stationary, "My number." I reach into my bag and write my number on the other half of the paper handing it back to her.

"Make it 1030. I like my sleep." I shoot her a grin before walking away. I see her shake her head and roll her eyes before taking off in the other direction.