Chapter 21- Luciana

"Lucy," someone whispers shaking my shoulder. "Luce." I feel the bed dip as they sit down.

"Five more minutes Daddy." I mumble.

"Luce," he groans, "Wake up. It's time to go! You're going to be late to your church thing if you want to go home first."

"Oh my gosh!" I shoot up and out of bed grabbing my shoes and slipping them on, only then noticing I'm not in my own room, but Ashton's "I have to go!"

"Calm down Lucy." Ashton laughs at me and grabs my wrist to stop my scrambling. "Breath!"

"Ashton Jacob Blake, are you laughing at me?" I ask standing in front of him my arms crossed pouting at him.

"Luciana Grace Sterling, it appears I am. What are you going to do about it?" He teases back smirking.

"I'll see you tonight." I call over my shoulder racing out the door. "Bye Mr. and Mrs. Blake!"

~

"Lucy!" Johnathan calls coming out of his car. I'd just gotten to the church for the festival. All of our props all ready at the booth. "How's it going?"

"Fine, how are you?" I ask him a bit worried.

"About as good as can be expected I suppose." He shrugs giving me a hug.

"Lucy!!" Galen's little arms wrap around my legs as he looks up at me.

"Don't I feel loved?" Johnathan jokes. Galen looks at him and races over tackling him with a hug.

"Better?" I ask as Johnathan picks him up.

"Much." He answers.

"We're so sorry." Galen's parents walk up. "He seems so fond of you two."

"It's fine. If you want we can watch him at the booth while you two look around."

"Yeah, it'd be fun. Right little man?"

"Yeah!" Galen agrees.

"You can pick him up when you're ready to leave." I offer, "It's no problem."

They finally agree and head off Galen too busy to notice. We finish setting up the booth and kids flock to it to dress up and hear Johnathan tell stories about each costume. We take turns taking brakes to walk around. After about an hour Galen's parents come back and claim him and they head to their car after a few rounds of hugs.

"Want to walk around?" Johnathan asks.

"Sure, catch lunch later?"

"OK." He answer as we set off to look at some of the other booths.

"You really are great with them." I tell Johnathan as we munch on some popcorn he bought at one of the booths.

"You are too." He tells me, "So, how's Ashton?"

"He's good." I answer, "I'm meeting him for a date later."

"That's nice. You know, I wouldn't have minded if he came along right?"

"I told him he could come. He said he had plans."

"Want to go to the diner?"

We get lunch then call it a day.

"See you at school Monday." I tell him hopping out of his car. "I know it doesn't seem like it, but everything will work out for the best."

"Thanks for being there Luce," he says putting the car in reverse. "I really appreciate it." I give him a smile as I head inside the house to get ready for the date.

~

"Reservation for Blake." Ashton tells the hostess i'm looking around completely in awe.

"Ashton Blake, reservation for two?" She confirms. I feel him tugging gently on my arm before the hostess walks to the table.

"Ashton, it's amazing!" I gush once the hostess leaves. I still can't believe this place.

"It's a small restaurant."

"But it's so homey and classy at the same time!"

"You're adorable." I duck my head and I'm sure my cheeks are redden.

"My name is Lyndon, I will be your server, can I get you anything to drink?" he asks us. Ashton looks to me I'd finally torn my eyes away from this painting. I look at the menu but I'm not reading it, just playing busy.

"Water please." I blush looking down.

"Same." Ashton tells him. He nods and walks away. "Luciana," i turn back and look at him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," I confirm. "This place is amazing." I'm not really sure why I'm so spacey.

Lyndon returns with our drinks, "Are you guess ready to order?"

"Chicken Linguine Parmesan." I say ordering the first thing I actually read on the menu.

"Tortellini with the pink sauce." Ashton tells him. "Oh, and some bruschetta for the table." He nods and walks away. Ashton slips into the booth next to me putting his arm around my shoulder. Without even thinking I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for the amazing night," I whisper curling up closer to him. "I'm really enjoying myself."

"So am I Luciana." He whisper back to me pushing my thick hair behind my ear and kissing my cheek. I bury my face in his neck, grinning, this guy is perfect.

"One bruschetta for the table." Lyndon says putting down an appetizer dish of bruschetta.

"Thanks Lyndon." I say looking up at him for the first time. Both our eyes widen in shock. "I'm just going to run to the ladies room." I says pushing Ashton out of the booth so I could get out. I then go on to sprint to the bathroom.

What is HE doing here? I wonder as I pace around the small bathroom. Our game of truth never finished. I still haven't told him my greatest fear, he still hasn't told me his. I'm afraid of seeing someone that walked out of my life and never looked back. Someone that always promised they'd have my back. That they'd always be there. They promised. Then one day things went south and they walked out.

"Is he gone?" I ask Ashton. I sit back down carefully.

"He's got to bring back our meals." He answers, "So you wanna fill me in on what happened between you and the waiter?"

"Not here. Not now." I reply as Lyndon comes back I stare intently at the plant on the table.

"One tortellini in pink sauce. And one chicken linguine Parmesan." He says placing the plates on the table.

"Thank you." I say not looking at him.

"Anything else?" He asks. Ashton shakes his head. He walks away and I begin eating slowly. We're in for a long night. How do I explain what he did?