Chapter 13- Jonathan/Luciana

AN: just a few lines in Jonathan's perspective. Then we'll go back to Luciana.

Jonathan-

"Hello?" Luciana answers the call her voice laced with annoyance. The only one I can think of that makes her that annoyed was last seen locking lips with a blonde at the chocolate shoppe. I shift through her movie collection. Mostly fairy tales and their modern day twists. I know I'm a guy, but she could use some cheering up, so I put in her favorite, Cinderella Once Upon a Song. I find the remote and get it ready.

"Ashton, I went home..." She says, "It's not my fault you were at the Chocolate Shoppe locking lips with some blonde..." She says. "So I'm supposed to sit around and wait for who knows how long for you to finish making out with a blonde so we can go home?" She asks him angrily, "My life doesn't revolve around you believe it or not Ashton Blake." She says, "My parents aren't making me hang out with you, yours are making you hang out with me. My father knows I'm not hanging out with you. I was home five minutes ago my father knows I'm not with you. I am sick of you thinking it's okay to leave me alone. Thinking it's okay to walk all over me, like I owe it to you. I don't owe you anything. If anything, it's the other way around. The first few times you ditched me for Miss Blonde and Perfect and her crew, I covered for you. Pretended that I was with you..." She pauses and takes a deep breath. "But I'm done wasting my time on you. I'm done covering your tracks. Find another door mat."

She hangs up the phone and comes back out setting the phone down on the side table by the sofa. She sits down next to me and curls up resting her head on my shoulder. "Guys are such inhumane jerks sometimes."

"Hey, I take offense to that." I tell her. She shakes her head smiling.

~~

Luciana-

"You shouldn't," I tell him, "You're the exception." I see the TV screen, "You're amazing."

He doesn't say anything but wraps his arm around me and kisses the top of my head. The movie starts. And hours later my mom walks down and tells us dinner is ready. We'd made it through three different versions of Cinderella.

"Can Jonathan stay?" I ask my mother. She nods and we all sit down to dinner.

"How is Ashton dear?" My mother asks.

"I don't know mom," I answer. "I just don't know."

"But you spent the whole day with him." My mother points out.

"Jean, he ditched her this morning. Her and Jonathan walked around town the came here around 3." My father says.

"You promised his father Luce." My mother tells me her voice filled with disappointment.

"Yeah, and I have tried. Then three weeks in a row he's ditched me."

"It's true Mrs. Sterling." Jonathan says. "She's called me to hang out where they are supposed to meet up, and I see him walking away." He gracefully leaves out the fact that Ashton's surrounded by a swarm of girls when he arrives.

"You're going to have to tell his parents." My mother says. Jonathan reaches for my hand under the table, " I expect you to have told his parents by next weekend. How are you Jonathan?"

"Fine ma'am," Jonathan says, "The foods delicious."

"Thank you." My mother says.

"We're done," I say, can we go back downstairs to watch the rest of our movie marathon?"

"Go ahead sweetheart." My father says. I take my dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Jonathan follows suit then we both head downstairs to finish our Cinderella marathon.