Episode 3: Figure it out

"Okay, okay settle down...right this way. First years...come in a little closer now...okay...okay...I know you're all excited now shut up."  A middle aged man put his hand up to silence our apparently very chatty group. He was average height with sandy blond hair, sprinkled with grey pulled back in a short ponytail. He had a nicely trimmed full beard. That added mystery and allure to his otherwise handsome face. His light green eyes shone bright as he surveyed the first years.

I watched him as if in a  trance. He wore all beige. In fact the teachers lined up before us were all wearing varying degrees of that neutral tone. The guy that had told us all to shut-up as we filled the grand hall had an oversized linen beige shirt and whatever pants or jeans or tights or whatever he was wearing was skin-tight. As in I'm pretty sure they were leggings. Followed by some causal brown boots. He had several silver rings on his fingers and a brown necklace tucked inside his shirt, concealing the pendant it held.

Who was this guy? And had I stepped inside a fashion catalog.

"Thank you professor Merryweather." Headmistress Silva took a step forward.

Her I knew. In her all black long sleeved high neck dress. Her hair in a tight bun. Her oval faced poised, eyes searching each and every single face.

"Headmistress Silva is such a badass." Isla whispered in my ear. "I love her so much and would kill to be her assistant. I heard she always picks a first year and like that person is untouchable for the rest of the year."

"You like her or you like her son?" Willow jerked, nudging Isla playfully.

To my surprise, the pink haired girl blushed deeply and shook her head vehemently. "Don't---be----h shut-up Willow." She chewed nervously on her bottom lip but shot a quick glance to the group of boys actually facing us just a couple paces away, having formed a sort of semi-circle around the adults before us.

I didn't know who she looked at but, looking over my eyes quickly met the intense blue eyes of Prince Easton. It was just about two seconds of a glance but the strangest most foreign sensation passed through me.

I watched him turn his head and whisper something to the handsome guy next to him. The guy was shorter than him, but that didn't really mean anything as the prince was stupid tall. The black guy before him filled out with pure muscles. His arms over his chest only emphasized the bulging biceps pressing against it. His neck was thick, a chiseled face, smooth flawless dark skin. Full cupid bow dark lips. Thick eyebrows and a pair of eyes that just drew you in. One eye seemed almost the same crystal  blue as the prince and the other was a dark brown. I've never met him before but there was a familiarity  to his face. And those pointy black ears....I slowly lifted my head to the headmistress as she continued with her welcome speech. 

Oh....oh I see....that....that was the headmistress' son. 

I turned my attention back to her son and then to the guy with the green hair next to him too busy on his phone to be paying attention. His green hair fell in front of his face and covered any features for me to find out who his was. All I saw was thin tanned fingers typing away quickly.

I looked back up at the Prince and whatever he was telling the headmistress' son, I knew had to be about me. Not because I believe the whole world revolved around me or that I was acknowledging that there was literally a gap between my roommates and I and the rest of the school. No, it was because his friend's gaze finally drifted from his mother at whatever Prince Easton was saying and landed easily on me.

Geez, I guess they didn't go for subtlety around here. His eyes searched mine quickly and curiously as if trying to figure out who I was. And then he smiled, white teeth contrasted perfectly against his dark lips. He gave me an acknowledgment nod and I nodded back. He turned to Prince Easton and whispered something back.