Episode 9: Open Up

My mom is a liar. My mom is full of lies. Absolutely nothing but lies. I groaned as I stormed towards my dorm. I tried as best as I could to evade and sidestep the fairies turning to watch me rush to my room. I didn't even care. Look at me all you want. I had bigger fish to fry. What the hell was this life?

She's the reason I can't access my powers? Her? And I had to figure it out through the queen? The actual queen of the land. The queen knew my mom?

"You're Monica's daughter...."

She'd said it with so much assurance. So much conviction. She knew my mom and she could trace my mother's magic.

What in the fucking, fucked up fantasy life was this shit?

"Saria----"

Without thinking twice, I immediately reached out and grabbed Easton's arm, pulling him with me down the hallway towards my door. From my peripheral vision I saw Jolis round the corner and turn towards us.

"Oh...okay, I guess we're not studying----"

"Your mom paid me a visit." I whispered intensely as I gripped the door handle and yanked us inside the room. Yep that was Jolis. I gave her a small smirk before slamming the door shut.

I turned and pressed Easton against the door. My palms flat against his chest.

He smirked, his blue eyes twinkling mischievously as he put his arms up. "I think you're angry. I'm not sure but you're definitely turning me on right now."

"What?" I whispered rolling my eyes and hitting his chest.

Easton chuckled and slowly put his hands down as he fixed his shirt. "Why did my mom pay you a visit?" He asked smoothing himself down.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. I gave him a small smile. "She wanted to help me tap into my fairy magic." I shrugged. "That was very sweet of you to try and help me like that." I smirked. "But it's proving to me oh wonderful prince Easton that you are indeed a true momma's boy."

He smirked. "What's a boy without his momma?" He shrugged playfully taking two steps towards me. "Does that make me a sensitive soul?" He asked warm fingers trailing down my arm, leaving in its wake sparks of longing. "Do you like sensitive souls Saria?" He whispered his words against my lips, causing me to close my eyes and lean forward.

"Sensitive soul, momma's boy, same difference." I whispered closing the distance between our lips. The pressure warm and confident, but I broke away.

Easton leaned in for another kiss but I titled my head slightly out of the way, remembering my train of thoughts from earlier before he distracted me.

He opened his eyes and slowly straightened up to his full height. His index finger titled my chin up gently. "Hey, you okay...."his eyes clouded over with concern.

"I appreciate you trying to help me and everything." I whispered honestly. Locking eyes with his startling blue ones. "But I need you to be honest with me."

Easton slowly exhaled and blinked.. "What's wrong?"

I sighed. "I just found out my mom's been lying to me and that's a whole thing we'll get right back to." I slowly turned my bag around and pulled out the golden ball. "But, I don't remember you giving me this ball."

I watched as his eyes flicked to the small golden ball.

"And your mom just told me that you gave it to me." I took a deep breath. "I asked you before if you've messed with my mind and you told me no....I think....I think we've had a conversation like that recently....I don't know, I'm confused." I stretched the golden ball towards him. "Easton...have you messed with my mind?" I asked slowly.