Episode 10: Monster

I, Saria Mazama, fucked the fairy prince. Me. Little old witch me. I did. I did it. And in a week's time. Best believe I was feeling myself. I truly was. And then Easton was gone. Just like that for two days.

What the hell.

I was flooded with all types of emotions. Fear, betrayal, abandonment. I felt used. Like this asshole seriously hit it and left. Didn't that shit happen to me in 10th grade?

I was the dumbest bitch in the world apparently. Especially by how much it affected me even though I put up a front.

"We're not supposed to leave campus." Isla slurped up her noodles. "But since he's the prince, I guess he can do whatever it is he wants. Karli said she saw the royal jet before it took off yesterday. And it is as big and fast as we all think it is."

Willow turned to me. "And he didn't tell you why?"

I shrugged nonchalantly but inside my heart was crumbling into pieces. "No. It's not like I'm his girlfriend or anything. He doesn't have to tell me his every moves."

"What?" Isla screeched putting down her chopsticks. "But I thought you two---"

"Isla!" Willow hissed sharply, shooting a glare at her best friend.

Isla frowned in confusion as she shook her pink bob. "What?" She asked. "The entire school knows Easton and Saria are a thing. It's not a secret. It's so lovely! Our Saria with the prince." She beamed like a proud mom.

I pursed my lips and continued flipping through the history book. If we were a thing than why would he just fuck and leave? I don't care. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Willow silently jerking her head in communication with Isla.

"Guys it's fine." I looked up from the history book I was pretending to read. "Seriously I'm sure something came up-----" I stopped at the knock on our door.

Isla immediately shot off the couch and put away her bowl of ramen. She wiped her mouth and adjusted her ponytail.

Willow and I stared at her as she patted down her pink top and white shorts.

"What?" She asked turning to us. "I have a quick project with Bolt." She shrugged and rushed to the door. "It's not a date or anything." She smiled and rushed to the door.

Willow sighed and rolled her eyes. "God not this again. I am not picking up the pieces of your broken heart this time."

We watched as she yanked it open. "Bolt!------and Mason...." Her voice dripped off the happiness at the end.

"You ready?" Bolt asked. "Mason will lead us to the tree that's infected."

I could tell that Isla forced the smile as she happily nodded. "Yep."

"Hey Saria." Bolt nodded at me with a sweet smile.

I smiled back. "Hey." He really was a handsome elf indeed. I could appreciate his beauty. If it wasn't the fact that Isla was obviously heads over heels in love with him. Bolt would have been a much needed distraction.

"Hey Saria."

I shifted my gaze to Mason, who I'm just realizing I'd never ever spoken to directly, even though we apparently hung around the same people. "Hey Mason."

"Oh I hope you don't mind that I bring Willow along." Isla spoke loudly.

"What?" Willow screeched in horror.

"Oh you know, nobody handles your cousin like you." Isla laughed and turned to face us, her back to the boys. 'Pleeeeaassseee' she begged silently as she pouted at Willow. "Just to double check we don't get lost in the woods." She turned back to the boys. "Right?"