Episode 13: Daddy-Daughter time

"Witch-child."

I turned my head from my boyfriend to the stranger. I knew he was talking to me, but it still felt like I couldn't breathe. The man tipped his head towards me.

"NO!" Monica yelled as she rushed forward.

But it was too late.

Easton blinked in surprise at where Saria had been, just seconds ago. His heart raced as he took a step forward. No Saria, no little beast and no uncle Argyle.

"Argyle!" Monica yelled frantically as she spun in circles. "NO! Bring her back!" Warm tears ran down her face as she put her hand over her heart. "Please." she whispered, her voice cracking.

Easton ran his fingers nervously through his hair. "Fuck." He whispered still in shock. A lot about Saria was starting to make more sense.

I looked around in confusion. Tiger lept off me and stretched lazily before rushing off into the woods. I turned slowly to take in my surroundings, but not an ounce of fear filled my being. I knew this place. I turned my head to the east upon hearing the waterfall. I felt my heart soar at the familiarity and comfort. I looked to the left and for the first time I saw the castle from my paradise up close. A castle on a hill that I had always thought was simply a figment of my imagination. A castle I thought I had envisioned to fill in the picture of my ideal paradise.

I finally turned my attention back to the tall man. He was huge. Huge not in fat but huge as in height and bulky muscles underneath his forest green jacket. He had on khaki colored pants and big brown leather boots. And now he was watching me. His eyes taking me in, not having spoken a word.

I couldn't speak either as I lifted my eyes and our gazes locked.

Eyes.

Identical.

My heart vibrated at the last confirmation I needed to the questioning in my heart at the first sight of him.

"Aye, know you who I am?" His voice was low, a bit rough as if he wasn't used to speaking. He took slow measured steps as he walked around me.

I swallowed hard, feeling like a nervous 5 year old girl. "Are you...my father?" I asked. Even my voice came out squeaky and cracked.

The man seemed satisfied after inspecting me. He finally stopped walking and stood before me. "How old are you?"

"18." I replied nervously. I looked down, too anxious to meet his eyes.

He crossed his arms over his chest and absently scratched his beard. "Aye, witch-child...you are well?"

I nodded. "My name is Saria." I stated.

I saw his mouth twitch in amusement. "I'm not too good with names aye....Saria." He replied with a twinkle in his hazel eyes. "Name's Argyle."

I nodded. "Hi."

We stared at each other in silence for a couple seconds before he nodded at me. "I knew not of you witch-child....Saria."

I nodded again. "Okay." My heart raced as an inexplicable desire to be hugged by him, covered my entire soul. "How did...how did you find out?"

He put his hands in his pockets and walked away slowly. I took that as my cue to follow, so I took a couple steps behind him. He held his hand behind his back as he strolled. "The queen said she saw my magic in you."

My eyes widened. That day she'd asked if I was Monica's daughter. She'd known. Maybe that's why she'd seemed so shocked. Not just because she knew my mother, but she'd figured out who my father was. In fact, I remember she'd left quite abruptly.