Episode 12- Together at Last

Monica frowned as she slowly opened her door and looked out. Cautious steps were taken as she walked onto her front porch. Her arms immediately crossing over her chest at the tall man with the orange-red hair who slowly stood up off Monica's old school yellow Volkswagen. His big hand slowly lifted to light the end of his pipe as he squinted one of his hazel eyes to block out the glare of the sun.

Monica straightened up some more, her lips pursed. "Can I help you?"

"Me, heard a rumor.... princess." He spoke in a confident low accented voice.

"Then it is as such. A rumor." She replied.

The man disappeared, but in a flash appeared before the woman. His huge frame over powering her as he stood almost an entire head taller than the 5'11 lady before him. He took his pipe out of his mouth and moved his head to the side, white smoke, drifting in the air, giving off the sweet scent of that maryjane. "Aye..." He whispered, as he looked down at her. Monica craned her neck to stare up almost defiantly. Her eyes burning with emotions she couldn't shove down fast enough.

The guy reached up with callused fingers to gently hold a loc between his thumb and index fingers. "Because even you witch, would not be that suicidal to hide something of that nature from me...aye." He spoke. His index finger slid down her cheek with the softest of caresses, leaving behind a trail of need she'd refused to think on for the past 19 years.

"Leave Argyle." Monica replied sternly. Her gaze betraying her as her eyes drifted to the proximity of his lips to her own. Her mouth tingled nervously. Was he----? He wasn't....he couldn't....he wouldn't---

Argyle took a step back, his colored eyes boring into her. Without another word, he slowly dragged his pipe to his mouth and took one long drag. Eye contact never wavering, he slowly tipped his head to her and with his infamous teasing smirk, disappeared, leaving behind a swirling cloud of smoke

Monica harshly let out the breaths she didn't know she'd been holding. She looked around her perfect life she'd built for herself and rubbed her hands together. "This isn't good." She whispered to herself as she turned around.

She needed to get in contact with her daughter before Argyle continued poking around matters that had nothing to do with him.

She moved her hand before her and the door opened, allowing her to step back inside. Her heart still racing, she turned back to look at the ajar door and the place Argyle last stood.

"Aye, what manner of woman seeks to enter my realm?" Argyle asked as he put his hand out to stop the pregnant queen and the stranger assisting her.

"Argyle please." Queen Gayle cried out as she cradled her stomach, leaning against the shoulder of the taller woman. "I need her help. He's growing too fast and I can't keep the illusion up anymore, he's draining my magic."

The stranger took down her hood and stared back at the queen's brother in-law. "Princess Monica Mazama of the Myene tribe."

Argyle arched an eyebrow up in amusement. A smile tugging at the edge of his lips.

Monica held herself still as he took three big steps towards her. He was now towering over her, just a mere 2 inches away.

"Ahh....witch..." He grinned. "Entrance into my realm comes with a price."

"I have something for you." Queen Gayle panted out in pain as she reached into the pocket of her dress. She cradled her belly, to try and ease the tormented child inside her. He was getting too big too fast, her illusion almost kept shattering. If she didn't get help from the witches, even she would not be able to prolong his birth, or to find a way to protect her son. Now Gayle had to focus not only on keeping him safe from the monster who sired him but also from her husband if he were ever to find out the truth of his son's origin.