Episode 11: Try Again

"Here drink this."

I tried to take the warm liquid that headmistress Silva carefully placed in my hand. Wrapping my trembling fingers around the warm mug.

I nodded but could barely control my actions.

I'd almost died.

I had almost fucking died.

Chloe was dead.

Gone.

Professor Tallulah hurriedly burying her within the grass for safekeeping until her body was retrieved by family.

Her eyes. God....I remember her vacant eyes.

I turned to my left, my dorm mates also sitting alongside me. I could see they were still shaken up. Each holding a mug of the warm liquid, headmistress Silva had made. Professor Tallulah and Professor Merryweather had walked and inspected almost every inch of our dorm. Professor Edna sat quietly across from us with a sympathetic smile. Sir Rooke and Professor Cosmo were scouting the rest of the campus quietly.

All these questions that we couldn't answer.

How did you guys get outside?

What did you see?

Do you know who they were?

How many were there?

Did they hurt you?

Did they bite you?

What can you remember?

I was sleeping. All I knew was that I was sleeping. A nice dream in fact. A nice dream until Tiger licked my face and woke me up and I seemed to be in the middle of a war zone. Bodies ripped apart and blood spewed everywhere. They lied in those movies of war. There was blood. Lots and lots of them. It reminded me of when I used to think animes were exaggerating with the spilling of blood. But they weren't exaggerating, they were not.

But why was I still shaking? How?

They'd allowed us to take a shower. They covered us in blankets. But I was shaking.

Because I couldn't believe. I refused to believe-----

"Saria."

I lifted my eyes to headmistress Silva once more lowering herself to my level to stare at me deeply. "It seems you were the first one to come around. Now I know a lot just happened. But do you remember anything?"

Easton.

I shook my head.

"Anything at all?"

I swallowed hard.

"Was anybody there that you could....A familiar face?" Headmistress Silva asked. "I want you to think. To think really hard." she whispered intensely.

Easton.

I lifted my eyes to Professor Tallulah and Professor Merryweather. I saw them exchange the briefest of look. I heard what they'd told her.

There was nobody there but the dead bodies. They were adamant. When they came they only saw us.

Easton.

I lowered my head and shook my head. "I don't----I don't know what I saw." I whispered.

"Then let me help-----"

I automatically shrieked away from her touch, cowering back against the couch. Headmistress Silva's hand rested in midair, about to touch my head.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered warm tears automatically rolling down my cheeks. "I didn't mean---"