Episode 6: Joy Ride

Bolt finished rinsing his face and raised his head. He grabbed his towel and wiped his face slowly. Opening his eyes he stared at himself in the mirror. His one blue eye seemingly twinkling back at him. He patted his face and sighed, straightening up.

I expect nothing but the best. Do you hear me?

Yes ma'am.

He grabbed his moisturizer and applied it to his face.

**

Mason shook his green hair playfully in the mirror. He threw his head back. He grabbed his deodorant and applied liberally as he danced naked around the bathroom. He bent over and shook his ass to the music in his head.

Mason please stay out of trouble.....please. We can't afford what happened before.

Yes grandpa.

**

Easton sighed as he stared at himself in the mirror with a solemn expression. He slowly reached inside his drawer and pulled out the vial his mother had brought. He turned the skinny glass bottle in his hand a couple times before lifting up the cork. He brought it to his tongue and allowed a few drops to land. He closed his eyes and swallowed. Exhaling, he put the cork back on and opened his eyes to look at himself again.

Are you sure you want to do this?

Yes mom.

**

"Okay gentle....gentle....slowly...." Professor Tallulah put her hands out over my ground.

I sighed and dropped my hands as I looked at the little root, hesitantly waving side to side in the soil.

"Saria..."

I reluctantly lifted my eyes to her.

"The earth senses your frustration." She whispered. 

I lowered my eyes again. "I usually have a green thumb...." I mumbled shifting my eyes to the snickering around me. Especially from the smug expression on Jolis' face as she revealed her blooming bonsai tree.

"And I don't doubt that." Professor Tallulah smiled. She lowered her voice. "You're too eager to impress."

My shoulders dropped.

"Don't impress me...impress yourself."

I nodded even though I had no idea what that meant. How could I impress myself? The stupid tree wouldn't grow. I looked down and noticed my root digging further into the soil and expanding. I blinked in confusion. I was not doing that at all. My mouth opened as the trunk started to take shape.

"No helping, Willow" Profesor Tallulah didn't even bother to look at the girl sitting next to me.

But I did.

Willow looked down apologetically. "Sorry." she mumbled blushing as she focused back on her own healthy purple bonsai tree.

I smiled at her as Professor Tallulah walked away from us "Thanks."

She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I didn't think she would notice." She whispered. "You have mother earth's blessing Saria, you're just thinking too hard."

I nodded and sighed. "Yeah, I just don't like....not being good...."

Willow blinked a couple times. "Something's holding you back." she whispered curiously.

I shrugged. "I guess....don't know what."

"Professor Tallulah wanna climb me?" Mason asked loudly.

We all watched as he spun and his body started to shift. My eyes widened as his feet split, turning into thin long roots, digging into the soil, his body filled out to produce a thick trunk. He grew and grew, arms splitting into branches, leaves sprouting from the tips and also on his head.