Episode 16: Return of the King

Bolt stepped further into the room in shock. He looked around in horror at the bent bars and clearly empty center.

I stared at my friends in concerned and looked around the room.

"Mom is going to kill me." Bolt whispered.

Willow nodded. "That we can agree on."

I looked down to Isla's warm hand gently touching my arm. "He escaped." She whispered; her eyes wrought with fear. "That doesn't look good for him."

I turned around to look at the empty cell. I scanned the area, trying to figure out what was going on. Shaking my head, feeling a strange sensation in my gut. "Something's not right...."

Willow sighed softly. "Look, Saria...."

I shook my head. "No." I whirled around, feeling goosebumps on my arms, even though there was heat transmitting from Isla's touch. I stared at my three friends in horror. "He took him."

**

"How do you feel my boy?"

Easton grinned as he gracefully stepped down the grand spiraling staircase, his hands gliding down gold railing. "Never better."

King Luciano chuckled in amusement and spread his arms as he waited for him at the bottom of the stairs.

Easton was received with a soft caress on his upper back as he stepped off the last step.

"It's nice to have you home." He spoke as he walked him through the grand castle illuminated by fireflies.

Easton smiled and shifted his eyes, sensing the sneer of a particular vampire around his age, posted against the wall. Arms crossed, a permanent scowl on his face.

That's the fucking long lost son? What a fucking Tinkerbell.

Easton smiled, amused at the thought. Besides the obvious jealous teen, the other vampires in the room never lifted their heads up to them. Their heads were constantly bowed in reverance. Frowning slightly, he looked back as they passed, only to seem them raise their heads and scurry around to wherever they were supposed to be.

He faced front again and lifted his chin.

"I have great plans for us my boy. Spectacular plans." He flashed Easton a handsome smile. "Just you wait and see."

Easton held his smile, but his eyes moved to the side, taking in the teenage vampire sulking towards them with heavy steps. "Well, we're all thrilled you're reunited with your precious son, my King. But he reeks of fairy blood." He sneered.

Easton turned to him fully and grinned

King Luciano scolded and turned to the teenage boy. "That's enough Alcric."

"Yeah." Easton whispered. "That's enough."

Alcric frowned as his body started to sway. "Wha--wha---what the fuck are you doing!" He cried and dropped to his knee, bowing his head at Easton.

King Luciano beamed in amusement.

"What the----get out of my fucking----I'm sorry---I'm sorry Prince Easton." He shook his head in confusion as if his words didn't make any sense.

Easton simply turned around back to his father. "You were saying."

King Luciano rubbed his son's shoulders affectionately and resumed their walk as if giving him an elaborate tour. It was the first time he'd ever set foot in this castle. In fact, he hadn't the faintest clue where he was. He took in his surroundings, the lavish details, immaculate trimmings overshadowed by the gargoyle statues on each pillar. Easton blinked focusing on the statues feeling as if they were watching him. He took one more look and followed his father out the grand hall.