Episode 17: Breaking In

Queen Gayle gasped at the sharp pain in her chest. She looked up to the heavens in terror. "Easton." She whispered in pain. Their connection was severed. She could not feel him. She looked around the forest frantically. She could no longer feel her son.

Queen Gayle shook her head. "EASTON!" She put her arm out to create a portal of light. He had him. Luciano had her son. "EASTON!" she called out desperately, a blinding light shimmered through the forest.

**

I dropped to one knee as I pressed a hand over my aching chest.

What the fuck was that?

"Are you okay?" Isla asked, crouching before me. She placed a warm gentle hand on my shoulder.

I blinked, trying to process what was going on. I looked up to my two roommates in concern. "I can't...." I looked down at my hand. "I can't feel him." I whispered.

Willow frowned. "Feel him?"

"Easton." I rose to my feet and looked around the training grounds, hundreds of fairies partaking in combat training. I held on tightly to the stick in my hand. "I can't....." I shook my head. "He's gone."

"What do you mean he's gone?" Isla asked. "You can't sense him anymore?"

I shook my head in panic and looked around. "I don't know....he's gone...he's...he's..." I panted as I tried to find the words to tell them. "I can't sense him."

Isla and Willow looked at each other as they tried to process my words. I noticed when they looked down and sighed.

"What?" I asked them frantically. "Why are you guys looking like that?"

Isla reached out and took my hand in hers. "Saria....I know...you have hope for...." She trailed off and looked to Willow for help. Willow sighed and lowered her gaze, refusing to be the bearer of bad news this time.

"You said you mated right?" Isla whispered, so the conversation could only be heard between us three.

I nodded slowly.

"Well, that link is for....fairy mates." She whispered, rubbing my arm encouragingly.

I shook my head. "I don't understand."

"He's not fairy." Willow spoke up roughly. "At least....not anymore."

I kept shaking my head. "I don't...."

"He's given in to the monster inside of him." She spoke harshly.

"Willow!" Isla scolded her best friend.

I shook my head some more. "He wouldn't." I stared at them desperately. "He's just lost. He's really trying."

She frowned and sighed. "I don't know what you want me to say." She shrugged, pushing her long black hair back. "We're in the middle of a war. He chose his side."

"Willow, what is wrong with you!" Isla demanded stepping in front of me.

"The truth hurts!" Willow shouted back. "The quicker Saria realizes that, the less of a hold he has on her."

"He wouldn't----"

"You don't know the mind of vampires." Willow cut me off. "They're diseased."

"Willow...." Isla whispered sternly, her hands on her hips.

"They were all fairies once." Willow continued, staring at me deep in my eyes. "In the beginning of time....and they betrayed us...and they fed off of us to become the abomination they are."