Chapter 9

>Author's POV<

"Lightning Style: False Darkness!", Raijin yelled as spears of lightning shot from his mouth. Rokuro dodged the attacks, running, while making hand seals of his own.

"Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!"

Rokuro shot a barrage of small fireballs at Raijin, which he ran around, desperately dodging. He took out multiple Kunai and shot them at Rokuro, only for him to deflect them easily.

"Give it up kid. You're almost out of chakra. You won't win so just accept your fate," Rokuro pressed as he ran full speed towards an exhausted Raijin. The battle has been going on for far too long be had no idea how much longer he could hold out.

Meeting Rokuro in the middle, the two clashed in a battle of Taijutsu. No matter how much more experienced Rokuro was, Raijin was able to keep up with him in terms of Taijutsu. Every kick and punch thrown his way was either blocked or countered. As Rokuro thought he'd catch Raijin off guard, he swung a kick that would land straight in the neck. In one smooth motion, Raijin ducked, took out a Kunai, and in an upward motion he slashed Rokuro in the left eye.

Rokuro jumped back, screaming in pain. "YOU LITTLE SHIT!! YOU'RE DEAD!"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Raijin said looking up to see that the barrier jutsu he'd placed was being dispelled.

"Seems like your little jutsu couldn't hold up. Soon enough, back up will arrive. You can't beat me. Even if the back up never arrives, I won't let a sorry excuse for a ninja like you kill me here," Raijin said as he stood proud. He barely had enough chakra for another attack, so he had to figure something out immediately.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Rokuro said making hand seals. "Barrier Release: Collapsing Prison!" Rokuro slammed his hands in the ground, causing it to rumble.

Raijin jumped out of the way, barely missing the four fluorescent walls of a prison that erupted beneath him. Once his feet hit the ground, another one erupted, forcing him to jump and dodge more. He was barely able to dodge every one of them running and moving frantically. Once he neared the trees he jumped up into the nearest one to regain his composure.

Rokuro, hands still plastered to the ground, laughed maniacally. "I'm sorry, I can't hear you from the trees. What did you say about a sorry excuse for a ninja?"

Raijin stayed quiet. He was thinking of a strategy to end things as quickly as possible. He only had enough chakra for about two more jutsu and he's entirely too tired and banged up to try and overpower him with Taijutsu.

"Think Raijin, think. You can't die here. Ranko and mother need you alive. From the looks of things, of I set foot on the ground, I'll be entrapped in his barrier prison. I don't know what'll happen if I do. The only good answer here is to retreat, and hope I run into Sensei or one of the others."

"You're awfully quiet up there, maybe I should come up there and get you!", Rokuro yelled as he removed his hands from the ground and made a full out sprint towards Raijin.

Quick on his feet, Raijin threw four explosive kunai at the ground below him and one towards Rokuro. Upon noticing what he did, Rokuro jumped back immediately as the explosion caused the ground to break a bit and a few trees to fall, covering the place in smoke.

Raijin immediately took off in the opposite direction, hoping to get a head start. "Not so fast, kid."

Upon hearing those words, the barrier erected below him, entrapping him in the center. Shocked, Raijin looked over to see Rokuro, palms on the ground, unharmed.

"You can't even see through an earth clone. Pathetic," Rokuro said erupting into laughter. "Now, you're gonna pay for what you did to my eye, you little shit!"