Chapter 4

From now on the story will be written in Raijin's POV. Enjoy!

.........

It's been a month since we've become Gēnin and the only missions we've had were lousy delivery missions, village work, and lost pet rescues. A total waste of time. I understand we're Gēnin and all, but these shouldn't even be considered missions. Meanwhile, Satoru Sensei's training has been rigorous. I swear this man has been trying to kill us!

I'm currently at the Daungakure Library, scanning the columns of books trying to do research on the previous Kage. After what Satoru Sensei told us, I've taken interest in learning about the Village's history and past Kage. I've never really cared much about any of this type of stuff until now.

After searching for about thirty minutes, I finally found the book I was looking for. "The History Of Daungakure" by Chiho Kamikaze. I reached for the book only for someone else to pull it right out from the other side.

"Excuse me, I was looking for..."

"Raijin!", I heard a girl yell in a whisper voice.

I looked over to see a girl with pale skin and green eyes. She has light blue hair that's tied into a ponytail and two large bangs that frames her face. I was shocked for a moment, but I noticed exactly who it was.

"Megumi. It's nice to see you."

"Doesn't seem like it. You're just as nonchalant as ever.", she mocked.

"Haven't really seen you since we graduated from the Academy.", I said as I began to walk around the bookshelf to meet her.

"True. Although, ever since we became ninja, we've never had the time to actually meet up with anyone. The Chūnin exams are within the next 6 months, and the Village's rules state that we must complete a total of 20 missions to even be considered for entry. Everyone has been working like crazy to meet that quota. Not to mention this is the very first time our village is hosting it in the history of its existence. It's important that we qualify.", Megumi said as we walked over to a table to sit together and read the book.

"So What brings you here?", she added.

"This book.", I said opening the book to read it.

"Me too. I came to read about the Second DownKage.", she said leaning in to read with me.

"Why the Second?"

"She was a prodigy of the Nakano Clan, not to mention my grandmother."

"Your grandmother was the Second DownKage?", I said surprised.

"Duhh. Everyone knows this. Where've you been? Living under a rock?", Megumi said giggling.

I just stared blankly at her.

"Aw C'mon don't be such a stick in the mud. So let's see what it says."

"Reto Kamakazi founded Daungakure in the land of Mountains upon focus on Taijutsu. He gathered clans together under his power and made a name for themselves. He was 30 when he founded and established Daungakure and became the First DownKage. The Village became so powerful and well known under his leadership that the five great nations had no choice but to annex them in as another great nation. Not only did he make sure the Village Flourished, he openly accepted clans who were exiled from their countries or on the verge of extinction to rebuild there in the Village. At some point, the Seven Tailed beast attacked the Village and Reto single handedly took it on, and successfully stopped it while Ayame Nakano sealed it away (Reto age 38, Ayame age 11). The First Downkage met with the other Kages at the Kage summit during their second meeting where he introduced himself to the other Kages with Ayame Nakano as his bodyguard (Reto age 39, Ayame age 12). He made sure to set up a system where the Village flourished in all forms, especially Taijutsu.", I read.