Chapter 11: Part Two

>Author's POV<

The employees of the estate stand in the building as the thunderstorm rages outside.

"How in the heck am I supposed to make it home in this," one of the employees said.

"I didn't think there was rain in the forecast. It seemed to come out of nowhere," another one stated.

"Well, it's a good thing I always come prepared," said a tall dark skinned man with white hair as he stepped forward pulling out an umbrella.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Tatsuya informed him.

"I still might get a little wet, but I should make it home just fine."

As soon as the man stepped foot outside the building, lightning struck his umbrella. He was blown back into the house, with a look of horror on his face.

"Told you," Tatsuya said blankly.

"Alright folks, listen up," Zaji announced grabbing everyone's attention. "We'll be conducting interviews with each one of you. We'll start with the cooks from the kitchen. Then we'll interview the butlers, the maids, and then the guards. Until then, you're all to wait in the residential quarters until further notice," Zaji informed them. The crowd immediately erupted into loud murmurs and verbal complaints.

"I have a family to get home to," one worker complained.

"Me too."

"Today is my little girl's birthday," another worker complained.

Nohara Sensei stepped up to confront the angry crowd of workers.

"Calm down everyone. This shouldn't take long. The weather doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon, so until further notice just wait in the residential quarters while we conduct our investigation. Once the weather is better, you're all free to go. You have my word," she stated with a warm smile. This seemed to do the trick as everyone seemed to calm down a bit.

"Thank you Sensei. Now, if you all may please follow Suki to the residential quarters. She'll send everyone in as we need them. Chefs, you can come with Ryuu and I to the kitchen," Zaji ordered.

Everyone began to walk to their respective destinations as the team lingered for a brief second.

"Suki, how long do you think you can keep this jutsu up," Tatsuya asked.

"Maybe another few hours. As long as I don't need to exert myself, I can focus on my chakra control and maybe maintain it a little longer."

"Alright. Zaji and Ryuu, I'm counting on you two. I'll be moving around the estate to do a little investigating on my own. Don't let anyone out of your sight. If you need me, use these to contact me," she said, handing them all an ear piece.

"Suki, don't allow anyone to leave. Use any means necessary."

"Then I'll need my umbrella for that," Suki said, eyeing Zaji. Zaji immediately pulled out a scroll with a seal and summoned a red umbrella and handed it to Suki.

"That thing is dangerous. Be careful with that," Ryuu warned her.

"I've been training. I know how to use it now."

"Good," Tatsuya interrupted. "We have a time limit people, so let's get everything done."

"Yes Sensei," they all responded as they parted ways to begin their investigation.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The day Koga-san got sick, what was on the menu and what were the ingredients used to cook them?", Ryuu asked.