Chapter 8

>Authors POV<

Satoru and Takuma face off in a heated battle. Takuma has made a huge effort to keep his distance in this battle, only engaging Satoru in Taijutsu twice in this encounter to which he quickly gained his distance again due to Satoru's overwhelming Taijutsu prowess.

"Earth Style: Earth Clones," Takuma says as he created five earth clones of himself. The clones immediately spread out in the nearby trees to encircle Satoru who's standing in a clearing below, watching Takuma like a hawk.

"Now's time for some real fun," Takuma says as he takes his sword out with an evil smirk.

"Takuma, was is? Your skills as a shinobi are undoubtedly exceptional. But, I'm afraid they aren't good enough for you to win this fight," Satoru says folding his arms across his chest.

"Someone's cocky, aren't we?", Takuma said annoyed.

"I just have one question. What reason do you have as to why you want to kill the Feudal Lord," Satoru stated with a flat tone.

"Well, that's none of your business really. Just know that we will benefit greatly from his death."

"So you were compensated to assassinate the Feudal Lord of the Land of Mountains. What reason would that be?"

"I didn't say that."

"Daungakure has no bad blood with anyone. So for what reason is there a bounty on our Feudal Lord's head?"

"I don't have to answer a thing you say. This match is as good as over," Takuma says as he begins making more hand seals before he and all five of his earth clones jumped down into the clearing below. "Earth Style: Earth Golem Jutsu!"

The ground began to rumble as six huge earth golems erupted from the ground and encircled Satoru. Satoru stands calmly, not budging one bit.

Takuma made more hand seals and yelled, "Let the real party began! Earth Style: Earth Devastation Jutsu!" The very earth beneath them began to quake violently as the ground began to break and sharp spears emerged from the ground which continued to tremor. Takuma jumped back into the trees as his earth clones and earth golems began attacking Satoru.

Satoru swiftly dodged their attacks, despite how unsteady the ground is, while continuously dodging the spears that continues to emerge from the ground. Two clones began to enclose Satoru on both sides. Satoru jumps up to dodge this attack, only to be caught by a punch from one of the huge golems that sent him flying back to the ground. He immediately jumped to his feet as the two clones began attacking him with tantō in hand. One clone swings the tantō at Satoru only for him to duck, causing the clone to slice the other clone's neck while Satoru nimbly takes the tantō of the clone who was attacked and jabs it into the other clones chest before jumping out of the way of a golem who attacks him, smashing the two clones in the process.

Satoru continues to dodge golems and spears as he makes hand seals and slam his palms into the ground yelling, "Explosion Release: Landmine Jutsu!"

The entire ground around him goes up in a huge explosion. This cancels out the jutsu and causes the ground to stop erupting. The entire area became covered in smoke as Takuma struggles to locate Satoru.

"Tsk...Anyone else would've been as good as dead. Shouldn't have expected anything less from a legendary Saneiyū," Takuma said carefully watching his surroundings.

"You won't win," Satoru whispered behind Takuma catching him off guard.

Satoru went for a brutal side kick, but Takuma jumped below barely dodging it. Satoru's leg made contact with the tree causing the tree to explode.