Chapter 12

"Lightning Style: Circuit Arrow", my mother yelled after making hand signs. She put her arms in an archer's form as Lightning chakra was emitted from her hands and transformed into a lighting bow and arrow. She then shot arrows made out of pure lightning, back to back in the middle of the grand cave they lived in, hitting every target perfectly, shooting straight through the boulders as if they were paper as electricity courses through them after being pierced.

"Whoa..", I uttered.

"It's going to take a lot of training to master this jutsu. Maybe even years. This is an S-ranked Lightning Style Jutsu that I created during my years of being a kunoichi. It takes a high level of chakra control and shape transformation that's going to take a lot of time to master. With the Chūnin exams coming up in a few months, you're going to need to step it up a lot. I'll also begin teaching you a different chakra transformation as well," my mom uttered.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, mom! I can't keep up with your training, plus Satoru Sensei's training, and the missions. You'll run me dry. I can't master that S-Ranked jutsu in a few months AND learn a new nature transformation," I said, stopping her in the middle of her ramble.

My mother and father used to be very accomplished shinobi. Living in hiding has caused her to live a low profile life and give up being a shinobi. She and my father trained me before I joined the Academy, and once my dad died she took over completely. She's ruthless. She has natural talent for ninjutsu, knowing and mastering four different chakra natures, which is why I was able to use lightning release and basic jutsu before I even began at the academy. I learned a lot from my dad, but my mom really taught me everything I knew. She created this technique she's trying to teach me, but something like this might take years to master. She created it in only 10 months during her time as a kunoichi.

"Well, we can still start you out on the basics like shape transformation and chakra control. That's something we can work on daily. And nature transformation is fairly easy. Besides, unless you work hard you won't be able to become a powerful shinobi."

"That's true, but like you always say, 'Too much of something can sometimes turn out to be something bad'. Right?", I said with pleading eyes. She sighed.

"Fine. I'll let your Sensei train you up, but one day out of every week, you're mine. Got it?"

Oh how I'd dread that day.

"Yes ma'am. I got you."

She shot me a smile and began to make her way back into the small home.

"Hey mom, I'm supposed to be meeting up with some of the other Genin today. Is that cool?", I asked, following her back into the home.

"Sure. Be careful out there. While you're out, I'm going to get started on Ranko's training since you're flaking on me," she teased.

I just laughed and went into the home to grab my stuff before heading out to the village.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The rest of the Genin and I were headed out to the mountains to catch up, picnic, and unwind after months of back to back missions. I of course wasn't going to go at all, but Hohimi and Megumi both threatened to kill me if I didn't. Those two really bug me. Anyways, we decided upon a picnic in the mountains because we figured we would be entirely too rowdy for a restaurant, not to mention I have a feeling some sparring will be going on.

As I make my way to the mountain clearing, I can hear a bunch of loud laughter coming from up ahead. I feel kind of sick just hearing it, knowing that I have to constantly be on guard and not let too much of my emotions show. The moment I get attached and let my walls down, I could put my family in danger and jeopardize everything my father worked so hard to protect. I owe it to him. I owe it to my mother and Ranko too. I let out an audible sigh, pushing the thought to the back of my head before stepping out into the clearing.