Chapter 2

*Ten Years Earlier*

"I have to hurry and get this intel back to the village immediately or else this spells for danger.", Jura thought to himself as he rushed back to Daungakure jumping from tree to tree.

The Third DownKage had placed Jura with the top secret mission of infiltrating Kusagakure due to his suspicion that they may be plotting to destroy Daungakure.

*Flashback*

Jura had been summoned to the DownKage's office for a top secret mission. As he received instructions, he kneeled before the DownKage respectively.

"Jura, you are undoubtedly one of Daungakure's strongest Shinobi. I trust that your skills will be most fitting for this mission. Although, it's no easy mission. This is a top secret S-Rank mission. It's gonna be extremely dangerous, so dangerous in fact that your life may very well be on the line. Do you understand the severity of this mission?", the Third DownKage stated sternly.

"Yes, Lord Third."

"I have reason to believe that Kusagakure is planning to destroy the village."

"What?! Impossible! They don't even have the man power."

"Which is exactly why they've formed alliances with Takigakure and Amegakure."

Instead of responding, Jura just looked on in complete shock.

"We've come to this conclusion from a recent mission in Amegakure. Reports say that a Kusagakure Shinobi were seen there discussing with the leader of Amegakure to meet in Kusa within the next week to discuss with Takigakure an alliance in order to bring down a common enemy."

"Which would be us.", Jura added.

"Us indeed. Your mission is to infiltrate Kusa and gather intel on the meeting between these villages and report back to me ASAP. Understood?"

"Yes Sir!"

*Flashback ends*

"I really can't waste anymore time." , Jura thought as he jumped from the tree unto to the dirt ground where the forest ended and mountain ranges began.

"Just a little further and I'll—", he uttered as he quickly jumped back to avoid the kunai that were launched in front of him, stopping him in his path. He turned almost immediately to see three Shinobi jump down behind him from the trees of the forest.

One Shinobi stood at about 5'10 with shaggy brown hair and deep green eyes. He has pale skin and wore the standard flak jacket and uniform of Takigakure. The second Shinobi stood at about the same height as the other Shinobi with shoulder length blonde hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. She wore the standard flak jacket and uniform of Amegakure. The third Shinobi was fairly taller, standing at 6'1. He has a more tan complexion, brown eyes, spiky black hair, and wore the standard flak jacket and uniform of Kusagakure.

"Well, well, well...What do we have here?", the blonde head Kunoichi said with a sly smirk.

"Seems like a mole to me.", the brown head Shinobi joked.

"How did I not notice them following me?", Jura thought to himself.

"We can't afford you foiling our plans.", the black haired Shinobi added.

"It'll never work. Underestimate Daungakure and you'll regret it."

"Oh really?", the brown haired Shinobi uttered before laughing hysterically.

"Youta! Enough joking around.", the guy with the spiky black hair snapped.

"Aw, c'mon Hiraku. You're no fun.", Youta complained.