Without You

I snatched the suit blazer from my body and tossed it on my office lounge area

I snatched the suit blazer from my body and tossed it on my office lounge area. I loosened the tie around my neck and slammed a hand on my black marble desk," Where the fuck is she mane!?" I turned to the two fools in my office. Both of them with their mouths closed and tails behind their backs," Huh!?—What are jou, deaf!?" Chi Chi held up his hands," Sorry Tony, we don't know where she went?—" I swatted the nearest objects off of my desk and sent them crashing against the wall," Find her," I turned to face them again," NOW!"

"Yes boss." Chi Chi and Nick both scattered out of my office. I walked over to my chair and sat in it. I pulled my gold box over to me and opened it. I pulled out my gold tool and snorted the white powder that was in the box," Cuño." I sniffed a couple of times before I closed the box back up. Why would she leave out of no where like that? Did I do something? Did I say something? I left that white piece of bread for her and she just leaves? Those two assholes betta come up with answers—fast.

"Marina are you listening?" I groggily turned to my co-worker who was going on and on about her family issues," Uh yeah yeah, your dad married your 2nd second cousin—" "No it was my first!" I opened my mouth to fake being shocked but I yawned instead," Have you been getting your rest? You've been really tired lately."

After moving back in with my mom 2 months ago, I got a job at the hotel she worked at. Mama is a receptionist, and been one at this hotel since I was younger. She put in a good word for me and helped get me this job. I was part of the housekeeping crew, it reminded me of when I worked at Tony's mansion. I'm surprised he hasn't found me yet. He probably hasn't even bothered to, he can have as many women as he wants at the snap of his fingers.

"Hello, earth to Marina?" Anna waved a hand in my face, forcing me back into reality," You have been really out of it lately—Are you sick?Do you need to go home?" I shook my head," No I just have a lot on my mind right now." Anna glanced down at her watch,"Welp break time is over, time to get back to those dusty ass rooms."

We both gathered up our trash and threw it away. We pushed our carts full of cleaning supplies and fresh toiletries down the hall. I went down to the very end of the hall, while Anna did the first half. I was quickly and efficiently out of each room. Some were empty and others were occupied. I made a mental note to go back to those rooms once the occupants were gone.

As I made it to the last empty room, I went to the queen sized beds and remade them. I fluffed the pillows and laid out fresh towels on the beds. I then went to the bathroom and pulled out all the cleaning supplies. I cleaned the toilet and the sink, leaving the tub for last. As I made my way to the tub, I was getting light headed. I could feel the room spinning, I held onto the edge of the tub to keep myself balanced.

I bent down and scrubbed the tub to the best of my ability until little black specs were blocking my vision. Before I could exit the room, everything went completely black and my body fell limp.

"Marina? Sweetheart are you awake?" my eyes fluttered open but immediately closed as the bright white lights blinded me. I shielded my eyes with my hands and turned to the voice," Mama? Where am I?" "The hospital—Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well?" I shrugged my shoulders," I was fine until I blacked out—Maybe it was the chemicals getting to me." My eyes finally got adjusted to the lights and I opened them to look at Mama," Mmm maybe, but you're not going back to work until I know you're feeling better."

I looked around the room searching for my little girl," Where's Ama?" "She's still with Miss Kathleen." Miss Kathleen was the neighborhood baby sister/ daycare place. I even went to her when I was little, I trusted her not to give my child to a random person.

Suddenly, a doctor entered the room with a small smile on her face," You're finally awake." I nodded my head and gave her a small grin," So what happened to her doctor?" The doctor stood in front of my bed and smiled at the both of us," Well Miss Marina hasn't been getting enough nutrients, she is eating for two after all—"

I scrunched up my face and glared at her," Eating for two!?" She nodded her head," We ran some blood tests and you are 100 percent carrying a little one—So moving forward if you plan on keeping the baby, we're going to need you to see your OBGYN so you can get the proper care that you need for you and your baby." I turned my head away from the kind woman and hid myself with my hand.

"Thank you so much doctor." Mama responded back to her. "Of course, she's free to leave at anytime, have a nice day." I felt Mama put a hand on mine and gently rubbed it," Is it Cesar's?" I sighed and shook my head," Oh god no," I glanced up at her and she was already focused on me," I met a man a while back before I came to see you—it's his." I huffed out the breath that I was holding and brushed back my hair with my fingers," I can't catch a fucking break." "Are you going to keep it?"

I glanced down at my flat stomach and placed a hand on it," Yeah, I'm gonna keep it." "You ready to go?" I nodded my head. She helped me out of the hospital bed and I grabbed my purse from the other chair. We exited out of the room and out of the hospital," What about the bill?" Mama swatted her hand," They'll send it in the mail, but we're not concerned about that right now," She lightly patted my stomach," we're focused on my new grand baby."

I shook my head and laughed a little bit. But I was scared more than ever. There's no telling if Tony will ever find me, and if he finds me pregnant—he might think the worst and kill me too for all I know.