My Best Days

I walked out the office, I glanced at my watch. I had an hour left until my shift was over, but all my duties were done. I went to the Maid Hall to find Penelope. I heard her talking with another staff member but my name was mentioned," I told Marina not to get too close to Tony and she completely ignores me. She was in his office for a while. Probably still in there now."

I turned around and made my way back to the foyer," Chu still here?" I nodded my head," I was going to leave from the back, but my coworkers are gossiping about me. Is it okay if I leave from the front?"

He adjusted his belt on his pants, he did that a lot," Who's talking-huh?" I shook my head," It's no one-" "Tell me mane." I shook my head," I don't want anything to happen to them-"
"Then I'll find out myself." He stormed off towards the Maid Hall.  I followed behind but stayed hidden," Hello Mr.Montana-" Penelope spoke but was interrupted by Tony," Which one of ju is talking out the ass-huh?"

"W-We don't know what you're talking about Mr.Monta-" "Hey-Don't lie. I don't like fucking liars. What I do with people in my house is my fucking business-Understand?" "Yes sir Mr.Montana."
Tony walked out and glanced at me," Go home to Ama okay?" I nodded my head and walked around the corner. Penelope and the other girl were standing beside each other silent. I didn't bother looking at them. I grabbed my things and headed out the mansion. I got into my car and drove off to Rich and Mary's place.

Once I arrived, I went up to the door and knocked. Mary opened the door with Ama on her hip," You're early." "Yeah I finished up early." Ama reached out to me and I held her in my arms. I put multiple kisses on her cheek and she giggled," Muah, I love, love, love you." She held my face in her hands and gave me a big kiss on the cheek," I love you more!"

"Are you staying over?" Mary asked as I walked in with her. I shook my head," Marina let us help you-" I shook my head," Mary it's fine. Really. I came in to some extra cash. I'm going to get us a hotel room and stay there for the night." She twisted her mouth up," Are you really?" "Yes I promise you, we're fine." "Okay, but what about the other nights?" I shrugged my shoulders," I'll figure it out."

After I picked up Ama, we went to a clothing store. We shopped around and bought her and myself some new clothes. I had a lot of money left over from Tony's generous donation. After shopping, I drove to the hotel. It wasn't super fancy but it was better than a motel, and way better than my car. I grabbed our bag of new clothes as Ama held onto my hand.

I went up to the front counter," Hello, what can I do for you m'am." "Can I get one room for the night please." He typed some things into a computer," That'll be $120 dollars even." I reached into my purse and gave him the money. He gave me a room key and we went into the elevator and to our room floor.

I unlocked the door and Ama ran in and jumped on the bed," Ama be careful sweetheart." I closed the door behind me and set our stuff in the lounge chair," This. Is.The. Best. Day," She did one last jump before collapsing onto the bed," EVER!"

I couldn't tell you how grateful I was that Tony would do something like that. To help me in any way, without any favors or debts over my head. I don't know what his future intentions are, but his gestures are greatly appreciated.